Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am a female and was circumcised at birth. AMA. eta 2 reply 428 with link

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
The title says it all. AMA

Eta I have answered all questions. My phone is dying but I will be back shortly once its charged enough to answer any more questions.

Edit: I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE. REPLY 428 IS A LINK TO A BLOG POST WRITTEN BY A 30 YEAR OLD WOMAN IN 2011. SHE IS ONLY 6 YEARS OLDER THAN ME.

ANOTHER BLOG POST REGARDING SOME POPULARITY OF FEMALE CIRCUMCISION IN AMERICA IN THE 1980S. REPLY 429
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 2, 2014 at 11:44 PM
Replies (321-330):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 42 on Jan. 3, 2014 at 5:10 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous: How can you be neutral about doing the same thing to some other child? Would you circ your daughter too?

Hey Anon, removing a girl's clitoris will have a profound negative effect on her sexuality later in life; but removing a boy's foreskin does not have a profound effect either way.  Some would argue that it will have a minor positive effect on his health and sexuality; some would argue that it will have a minor negative effect.

Bottom line, female circumcision is vile, and to pretend that male circumcision is anywhere near the same league of vileness is really ignorant.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 42 on Jan. 3, 2014 at 5:22 AM

Is it difficult for you to have orgasms?  Do you masturbate?  If so, I'm guessing your technique must involve penetration, since there's no clit to stimulate.  (Sorry for the bluntness, but you did say we could ask anthing.)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 3, 2014 at 5:59 AM
I can assure you it isn't. I never even think about male circumcision.

Quoting Anonymous: So they mutilated your genitals for shits and giggles?? They had the choice so what the hell?? I guess it's a good thing that they weren't faced with any other choices you could've gone home missing much more than that. Who says "her honey we can inflict awful pain while mutilating our child and taking away pleasure at the same time, let's do that"???

I think this is a lame attempt to vilify circumcision.

Quoting Anonymous: I did ask why. That was the answer I got. I was fresh out of truth serum that day so I couldn't get any more info.

Quoting Anonymous: You're missing a part of you that denies you some sexual pleasure and you never bothered to ask why? You say you knew you were different then as a a cult you know you are very different and exactly what you're missing and you never bothered to ask why? I don't believe that for a second! You know it isn't the norm for female "circumcision" and you never asked why they made that choice? Boys/men certainly know why their parents made the choice to circ or chose not to circ. you supposedly have a rarely done female circ and you never questioned why?

Quoting Anonymous: Im not honestly sure why. My mother just told me it was their choice and its what they chose to do.

Quoting Momluv269:

LOL!

OP, can you tell us WHY your parents did this? Religion? Cultural heritage? It is not done to USA natives .... so why was it done to you?

Quoting Anonymous: Pics or it didn't happen! Jk Jk. Are there different degrees of female circumcision?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 3, 2014 at 6:02 AM
I have no clue. It has never occurred to me to ask them those two questions. I don't really care I guess. I just accepted it.

Quoting violetlady: I find this very odd. Maybe because I feel very comfortable talking with myparents about anything, and because is something done for wrong reasons, and its mutilation, they took something from you that could have been very dangerous. Do they knew what the procedure was and the effects of it? Do they knew what is a clitoris?

looks like youdont care, and that is really to understand for me.

Quoting Anonymous: I have briefly wondered if they were lying. But at this point I prefer not to have an embarrassing conversation with my parents about my clitoris. And honestly if they are lying and feel they need to hide something then maybe im better off never knowing why.

Quoting violetlady: So now that you are an adukt, why you dont ask even just for curiosity ; why they choose to do it, and their thinking? Because if you are honest about it, sounds like they are hiding something. I will be so curious about it. I get you are not angry, but dont you wonder why they really did it. Do you buy the explanation they give to you? May be they are ashamed of admit something.

It this is true of course
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 3, 2014 at 6:03 AM
I don't masturbate. I have never even thought to ask my mother that. And no it was never brought up with my daughter.

Quoting Anonymous: Maybe it is a cure for masterbation.

Do you you masterbate now as an adult?

Have you thought about asking your mom if that's why they chose to do it now that you're an adult?

Did she ever ask if you would have it done to your daughter or just left it up to you to decide?

Quoting Anonymous: No I never masturbated. I didn't even know sex was pleasurable until I was married and had sex. Obviously not the first time but eventually it got pleasurable as it does for I assumed every woman after losing her virginity.

Quoting Anonymous: I wonder if your mother had it done and thought it was normal or if the doctor pressured them into doing it saying that you wouldn't end up masterbating or something.

Did you ever masterbate?

It's interesting that you're not outraged by it, but it makes since if you know no differently.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 43 on Jan. 3, 2014 at 6:04 AM
Have you ever had a orgasm?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 3, 2014 at 6:05 AM
I don't masturbate but I can reach orgasm through penetration. I didn't have an orgasm until about three months after I lost my virginity. it was still enjoyable for me though.

Quoting Anonymous:

Is it difficult for you to have orgasms?  Do you masturbate?  If so, I'm guessing your technique must involve penetration, since there's no clit to stimulate.  (Sorry for the bluntness, but you did say we could ask anthing.)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 3, 2014 at 6:06 AM
Yes I have orgasms every time I have sex :-)

Quoting Anonymous: Have you ever had a orgasm?
Sunshine257
by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 6:06 AM
That is because it is illegal in the US. I don't know when they made it that way.

Quoting Anonymous: Yeah I've heard of it in Africa as well. Don't hear many in the US though.

Quoting sassygoddess:

This is common in other countries...there was actually an episode about it on Law & Order: SVU....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 3, 2014 at 6:09 AM
Some other posters posted some links about it but I didn't read them.

Quoting Sunshine257: That is because it is illegal in the US. I don't know when they made it that way.

Quoting Anonymous: Yeah I've heard of it in Africa as well. Don't hear many in the US though.

Quoting sassygoddess:

This is common in other countries...there was actually an episode about it on Law & Order: SVU....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)