Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I may get fired today UPDATE *MAJOR Update!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 532 Replies
15 moms liked this
I called out of work today. My kids school is closed because of the snow. We have about 7 inches already and it's still snowing. My manager said, " calling out due to in-climate weather" is grounds for disciplinary action and then she hung up on me. I'm a cna at a nursing home. Sorry I will not risk my life driving in that mess to wipe ass. If something happened to me, life would move on for them within minutes of hearing about it and most of the seniors wouldn't even remember who I was. Sorry Charlie! My well being is way more important!

Update
The manager is off this weekend so I guess I will not know until Monday but I found out I wasn't the only one who called out. Another cna called out because her special needs daughter school was also closed. I asked her if she was told the same as me and she said no. Keep in mind this girl is pregnant so she's always leaving early and she called out 3 times within the last month but yet she wasn't told disciplinary actions would be taken? That was only the second time I called out in almost 2 years. And two med techs called out too and they weren't told that either. The worst part about it is, I called out in Thursday night around 9 pm and my shift didn't start until 7 am Friday morning and the other 3 called out at the last min around 5 am on Friday but none of them are in trouble? I will refuse to sign any paperwork on Monday so yup I will probably get fired because now I feel singled out.

Update 2
I got in an accident going to work today. The roads are all black ice. I was fine driving until I got close to my job, I turned the corner and slide all over the road. I hit another car and then the traffic pole. I called the cops and then I called my job and told them I will be Late. I had my friend come get me and we waited about 30 mins to see if the roads were any better and he attempted to get me to work but then he started sliding. From what the cops told me, there was already about 35 accidents already, not counting mine. We left his car on the side of the road and now we are at McDonald's just waiting on the weather to clear. I called the job but I didn't get an answer so I will call them in a few. So at this point I know they are gonna be extremely upset. Would you still go in even with the conditions I just mentioned? Btw when I called earlier, she told me two people called in because they were sliding on the roads.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2014 at 4:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rebeccarae
by Bec on Jan. 3, 2014 at 4:08 AM
Well if it doesn't bother you, that's good I guess.
tiniowien
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 4:08 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank god my jobs understood if you couldn't make it you couldn't. Still I don't blame you snow is not something to mess with 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 3, 2014 at 4:10 AM
15 moms liked this
It's time for me to move on and get an education anyway. If I get fired, that will be the push I need towards obtaining my goals.

Quoting rebeccarae: Well if it doesn't bother you, that's good I guess.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 3, 2014 at 4:10 AM
2 moms liked this
I ABSOLUTELY FUCKING HATED that job! Nasty smelling urine, feces, b.o., pureed food...gaaak!
Your right though, your safety should always be your top priority.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 3, 2014 at 4:11 AM
1 mom liked this
That's why I never want another job where I don't matter. I hope you don't lose your job though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 3, 2014 at 4:11 AM
I totally thought they would understand

Quoting tiniowien:

Thank god my jobs understood if you couldn't make it you couldn't. Still I don't blame you snow is not something to mess with 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 3, 2014 at 4:11 AM

Where are you? NJ it's under state of emergency and it was my understanding you can't get fired since the roads are closed and only mandatory employees are to be out.

dmarie2101
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 4:11 AM

i like that you said "sorry charlie." i say that a lot, too.

AtillaTheHun
by facta, non verba on Jan. 3, 2014 at 4:12 AM
1 mom liked this

I'd go higher up the food chain, and contact her boss about this. Disciplinary action is a broad term and might not necessarily mean that you are fired. 

rebeccarae
by Bec on Jan. 3, 2014 at 4:12 AM
Silver lining (:

Quoting Anonymous: It's time for me to move on and get an education anyway. If I get fired, that will be the push I need towards obtaining my goals.

Quoting rebeccarae: Well if it doesn't bother you, that's good I guess.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)