Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My ten year old son told me he is gay....

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 1:34 PM
  • 158 Replies
11 moms liked this

So I sat down and talked with him for quite awhile, mostly it was just him talking. I told him that he is still young and to not label himself so early on in life. My husband and I both ended the conversation telling him how much we love him, and that it does not matter if he is gay, straight, or purple we will love him always.

So that is how my night went! How about yours?

by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 1:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2014 at 1:35 PM
Bump
princessputter
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 1:37 PM
9 moms liked this

I think its great.. you showed him support..:)

plumbobtoggle
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 1:38 PM

I went to the DMV to get a driver's license, since I've been without one for several years due to illness. I was told I have to have insurance, but I don't have a car, so why would I have insurance? And in order to buy a car and get it licensed in NC you have to have a valid driver's license (which is why I haven't bought a car yet). So now what!?

P.S. Glad you showed your son support!

Chrissywissy
by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 1:38 PM

Thanks, there really was no other option. I love my children and it is no bigger deal to me then if my daughter told me about the boy she has a crush on! 

Quoting princessputter:

I think its great.. you showed him support..:)

Chrissywissy
by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 1:39 PM

LOL I have no clue

Quoting plumbobtoggle:

I went to the DMV to get a driver's license, since I've been without one for several years due to illness. I was told I have to have insurance, but I don't have a car, so why would I have insurance? And in order to buy a car and get it licensed in NC you have to have a valid driver's license (which is why I haven't bought a car yet). So now what!?

P.S. Glad you showed your son support!

kailu1835
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 1:39 PM
Good for you :-) I'm glad your son has such supportive parents!
Chrissywissy
by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 1:41 PM
2 moms liked this

Thanks! I have practice my oldest daughter is gay, so this is not my first ride lol!

Quoting kailu1835: Good for you :-) I'm glad your son has such supportive parents!

Sj218
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 1:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Did this conversation come as a surprise to you? My son is 10 also, definitely making the transition from little boy to pre-teen. I think at this age, they have the ability to be aware of their sexuality.

Sounds like you all handled it quite well.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2014 at 1:42 PM
3 moms liked this

There are purple people?

Chrissywissy
by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 1:44 PM
4 moms liked this

Kind of but then kind of not. I have always wondered about him, he is so flamboyant (not trying to stereotype here) and such a ham. There were signs, but he has talked about crushes on girls. I asked him about that and he said he hid it because he did not want to upset us, I just told him he could never tell me anything that would make me love him less!

Quoting Sj218: Did this conversation come as a surprise to you? My son is 10 also, definitely making the transition from little boy to pre-teen. I think at this age, they have the ability to be aware of their sexuality.

Sounds like you all handled it quite well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)