Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Help with my hair ! PIC*** EDIT another idea on page 2 .

Posted by   + Show Post

Mobile Photo

Do next week I'm going in to get my hair trimmed , long layers , my hair is naturally very thin & wavy , I'm Mexican so I have a nice tan going on . My hair right now is a dark auburn ( me in the left picture ) I want to do something very different , I really like the hair color on the right picture , do you think it would look good on me ???

I dont want to go in there and come out looking like a clown lOl .

Thanks ! (:
by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 4:08 PM
Replies (11-20):
_abeauty92
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 4:20 PM
Can I know why ?

Quoting ProudMommy51006: I don't think it's a good idea
beethann
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 4:20 PM

Quoting _abeauty92: Really ? My hair is already very thin . Would that damage my hair ALOT ? if I lose any hair I will look bald headed !

Quoting beethann:

yes, I think you would look good with blonde hair.

However, just to warn you it might take a few sessions to get your hair to that color. When I was dark haird and wanted to go blonde they told me I would have to bleach all my hair and then come back so they could add color to it. I didn't want to walk around with bleach blonde hair so I opted for highlights instead.

That I'm not sure about. Any bleaching is not so good for hair. If you are worried about it though, I would just do highlights. I recently colored my hair a very dark brown after having a LOT of blonde highlights and I HATE it! But I don't want to completely ruin my hair because it has been through a lot the last few months, so I am just going to go get highlights tomorrow and hope that satifies me!

babyspots17
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 4:22 PM

I wouldn't do that light it is a lot of maintenance like every 6wks color touch-ups depending on how light you go.  Just adding some color dimension highlights would look nice without taking a ton of maintenance. 

_abeauty92
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 4:22 PM
I'm about to post a picture of something else I had in mind .

Quoting beethann:

Quoting _abeauty92: Really ? My hair is already very thin . Would that damage my hair ALOT ? if I lose any hair I will look bald headed !

Quoting beethann:

yes, I think you would look good with blonde hair.

However, just to warn you it might take a few sessions to get your hair to that color. When I was dark haird and wanted to go blonde they told me I would have to bleach all my hair and then come back so they could add color to it. I didn't want to walk around with bleach blonde hair so I opted for highlights instead.

That I'm not sure about. Any bleaching is not so good for hair. If you are worried about it though, I would just do highlights. I recently colored my hair a very dark brown after having a LOT of blonde highlights and I HATE it! But I don't want to completely ruin my hair because it has been through a lot the last few months, so I am just going to go get highlights tomorrow and hope that satifies me!

LoveMeChain
by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 4:23 PM

I agree to start with highlights and see how you like it. I went blonde so I could use wild hair colors and a) the maintenence is a bitch, roots and trims because it will kill your ends b) my hair is damaged.

I see you have some natural waves, the bleach may do a number on that. I dyed my hair back to it's natural color (a little darker than yours), I've been using treatments every week and special conditioners, and my hair STILL won't go fully back to it's natural curl.

I'm not saying you'll have my experience, but be cautious.

_abeauty92
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 4:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

How about this ?
_abeauty92
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 4:29 PM
Yes I'm scared ! I never had my whole hair bleached only for a few highlights ....
Yikes ! & like I'm mentioned before my hair is naturally thin , like if I don't wash it 1-2 days and I pull it back you can see tracks , it's always been that way , I'm scared it would fall out and I would look bald , I love I have wavy hair because that's what give me some volume.

Quoting LoveMeChain:

I agree to start with highlights and see how you like it. I went blonde so I could use wild hair colors and a) the maintenence is a bitch, roots and trims because it will kill your ends b) my hair is damaged.

I see you have some natural waves, the bleach may do a number on that. I dyed my hair back to it's natural color (a little darker than yours), I've been using treatments every week and special conditioners, and my hair STILL won't go fully back to it's natural curl.

I'm not saying you'll have my experience, but be cautious.

rfhsure
by beast mode on Jan. 3, 2014 at 4:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Personally, I don't think it will work for your complexion. I would try some rich caramel highlights before you go full blonde.
_abeauty92
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 4:34 PM
Oh lord ! Thank you ! I will take that as a compliment lOl that model is gorgeous !

I saw it in my husbands new issue of GQ Magazine & I fell in love , specially because her hair looks very similar to mine and I lived the color , I just never had light hair because vein Mexican I been told It won't look good ( stupid I know ). But thanks !! I need to lose like 40lbs to look like her tho haha !

Quoting ToniTennille:

I think you can pull it off. I thought it was you at first glance. lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 3, 2014 at 4:35 PM

That's thin to you? O_o

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN