Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Help with my hair ! PIC*** EDIT another idea on page 2 .

Posted by   + Show Post

Mobile Photo

Do next week I'm going in to get my hair trimmed , long layers , my hair is naturally very thin & wavy , I'm Mexican so I have a nice tan going on . My hair right now is a dark auburn ( me in the left picture ) I want to do something very different , I really like the hair color on the right picture , do you think it would look good on me ???

I dont want to go in there and come out looking like a clown lOl .

Thanks ! (:
by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 4:08 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 3, 2014 at 6:36 PM

if you go that light - and thats alot of up keep - dont expect to look like J Lo.  And lilghten your eyebrows too or you will look hardcore Chola Vatta.   Yuk.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 3, 2014 at 6:37 PM

I don't think blonde would work well with you. I think you'd look great with like a dark red color. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 3, 2014 at 6:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Love it! And the maintenance would be as costly, nor would you need to do it ever month or so. And you wouldn't need to lighten your eyebrows! Which you would need to do of you go full on blonde.

Quoting _abeauty92:

Mobile Photo

How about this ?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 3, 2014 at 6:41 PM
Caramel highlights on brown hair look great, not sure about on auburn though.
my_ladybug
by Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 6:41 PM

Blond will be high maintenance.You will have to touch up the roots at least once a month.I think your hair is pretty as is but if you want something different I would go with highlights.

ProudMommy51006
by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 7:09 PM
That looks more doable :)

Quoting _abeauty92: Yikes ! I see what you are saying , the first time I bleach my hair for highlights they were copper-ish lOl what do you think about the 2nd picture I posted?

Quoting ProudMommy51006: Just because your hair is so dark, I worry with one treatment it may look more orange.

Quoting _abeauty92: Can I know why ?

Quoting ProudMommy51006: I don't think it's a good idea
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 3, 2014 at 7:11 PM

You don't look tan at all. You look as pale as my western european descent butt. lol I don't really think hispanics look good with blonde hair usually.

rosie211
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 7:11 PM

I agree with this. 

It is very hard to get the blond you want when you have dark hair. I had to bleach multiple times and still didn't get it quite right. I went red after that.

Maybe if you have it professionally done it won't be so hard??? Not sure because I always dye my own hair.

Quoting beethann:

yes, I think you would look good with blonde hair.

However, just to warn you it might take a few sessions to get your hair to that color. When I was dark haird and wanted to go blonde they told me I would have to bleach all my hair and then come back so they could add color to it. I didn't want to walk around with bleach blonde hair so I opted for highlights instead.

photomom1979
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 7:13 PM
As a hairstylist, I wouldn't recommend it. Your hair looks very thin and fragile, bleaching would damage it
_abeauty92
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 7:37 PM
It is , what do you recommend instead ?

Quoting photomom1979: As a hairstylist, I wouldn't recommend it. Your hair looks very thin and fragile, bleaching would damage it
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)