Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
I also said I'd never be a SAHM but yet, here we are. Lol.

But nope, I'd never homeschool. And I actually mean that.
But I give props to you ladies who do it.
You guys are wonderful (if you're doing it correctly)
Does it drive you crazy?
by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 6:26 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 3, 2014 at 6:48 PM
2 moms liked this
I was just talking about this with someone yesterday. I never thought I would be a SAHM and homeschooling was an absolute no.
I've been a SAHM for two years now and have a homebound child this year. Next year, we will be completely homeschooling my two school-aged kids.
I have found that I am so much more patient than I ever thought I was and I enjoy having my kids home and they learn well from me.
I hear a lot of people say there is no way they could do it. I used to be one of them. Now, I'm looking forward to it.
P.V.Hawkwind
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 6:48 PM
I couldn't either. I need down time and not 8pm when bed comes anymore. Lol
Bubbie0809
by Dreaded hippie on Jan. 3, 2014 at 6:48 PM
Yeah I couldn't, it's not for me.
beerabitch69
by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 6:49 PM
Oh fuck, no way in hell.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 3, 2014 at 6:51 PM
I couldn't/wouldn't do it, either. My daughter would miss out on too many things that only an actual school can provide.
wooly
by Knitting Maniac on Jan. 3, 2014 at 6:51 PM

I do not have the temperament to Homeschool. I was one of those SAHM's that didn't cry when their kids went of Kindergarten. I was happy, 1 down, 2 to go. And now they're all grown and I enjoy talking to them and spending time with them, but boy am I glad that childhood is over !

polkaspots
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 6:54 PM
Me neither. My kid would be fine now as I can handle pre-k work, but I failed calculus three times. And physics.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommaponch
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 6:55 PM

I think I would like to homeschool, and educationally speaking I think I would be able to do it up until at least high school.  But I tend to be fairly lenient and I think I would be too likely to say "oh we've had a long week, let's just play board games today."  When it comes to jobs I have a great work ethic, when it comes to my kids I get a little too "but they only get to be kids for such a short time."  So I don't think it would be good for our family.

I definitely think when done correctly it can be a great fit for some families.

LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Jan. 3, 2014 at 6:55 PM
I couldnt do it either
MilkLover0203
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 6:56 PM
It isn't even just about my time. They're experiencing shit at school that I can't give them at home. It's really great.

Quoting couture-mommy: Lmfa like, I love my kid... I really fuckin do.

But I gotta have my own thing lol

Quoting MilkLover0203: Me fucking neither!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)