Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
I also said I'd never be a SAHM but yet, here we are. Lol.

But nope, I'd never homeschool. And I actually mean that.
But I give props to you ladies who do it.
You guys are wonderful (if you're doing it correctly)
Does it drive you crazy?
by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 6:26 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 3, 2014 at 6:56 PM
1 mom liked this
I was just working on tomorrow's work. It takes work to do it right and it isn't for everyone.
It wasn't what I initially wanted but unforeseen circumstances have kind of pushed us in that direction.

Quoting couture-mommy: I also said I'd never be a SAHM but yet, here we are. Lol.

Does it drive you crazy?
withsecond
by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 6:57 PM
I couldn't do it either. I'd love to but they're really strict with the guidlines here.
Rh1annaa
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 6:57 PM
Its not for everyone! I know I couldn't. I don't think I'd have the patience- if my children are anything like me! lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 3, 2014 at 6:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I said that with my oldest 3 children-but when my youngest son was having a lot of problems in school (not behavioral but academically) I took him out in the 7th grade and home schooled him til he graduated.  He did great-and I loved it. He was able to do most on the computer with a program and it just was the best thing for my son. I never regretted it-and would do it again!

Miss-B
by ‚ô•Divalicious‚ô• on Jan. 3, 2014 at 6:59 PM

Quoting Jessy613:

I couldn't either.

Jamie1972
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 7:00 PM

I never wanted to be a sahm, but circumstances made me one. And after my kids started school I realize I have little patience for homework, let alone home school them. So nope never will I home school and if circumstance make it where one or all needed to be, I hire a private teacher/tutor first.

sha_lyn68
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 7:00 PM

Never say never. I said I never would, now I've been at it for 12 yrs. Have a good friend who said she'd slap me and another friend if we ever suggested that she homeschool. She's on her 4th or 5th year.

No it doesn't drive me crazy. What drove me crazy was watching my son come home from public school angry and depressed. What drove me crazy was the school blaming us for DS's falling test scores. What drove me crazy was the school denying that they were sending the majority of their students to middle school needing remedial help.

mrsherron
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 7:01 PM
Sometimes it drives me crazy, like today when my 6 year old was just being stubborn and taking forever to do her writing assignment. She hates to write but she needs to practice. She'd rather read or work on science or math. My 3 year old is working on numbers and insteand of counting and doing it right she throws in random words like cat or toot (which she finds hilarious). They're both really smart but they like to try my patience at times. On the bright side I do some lessons and they don't really realize it until were finished. For example, dd6 was working on measurements before Christmas so she measure out stuff while we did the baking and cooking. She caught on when I was asking questions getting her to compare different amounts. Looked at me and said, "mom, we're doing school work aren't we" lol. They love homeschool but they have their moments.
jakesmom323
by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 7:02 PM
I'm a SAHM and couldn't either. Hard job and my boys definitely don't listen to me! Lol
PPCLC
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 7:04 PM
2 moms liked this

I've been home-schooling my youngest daughter for about 6 1/2 years now, with 5 1/2 of those years having her enrolled in a "school at home" program.

She is now in 10th grade, has a 3.72 GPA so far this semester (she does her semester final exams next week for Honors Biology, Honors English, and Geometry), and is college-bound. She's had college on the brain since about 7th grade, though still deciding between a couple of different career fields.

Does it drive me crazy? HER crazy? I would be lying if I said it didn't but more times than not, we're both very pleased with the program she's in, how well she's doing, and having her learn at home altogether.

Quoting couture-mommy: I also said I'd never be a SAHM but yet, here we are. Lol.

Does it drive you crazy?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)