Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
I also said I'd never be a SAHM but yet, here we are. Lol.

But nope, I'd never homeschool. And I actually mean that.
But I give props to you ladies who do it.
You guys are wonderful (if you're doing it correctly)
Does it drive you crazy?
by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 6:26 PM
Replies (31-40):
Lilfootmommy
by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 7:06 PM
1 mom liked this
We are actually considering homeschooling, along with an alternative school
luckysevenwow
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 7:07 PM
I said the same thing with my older 4, but found that three of my younger (really 2, but one didn't want to be left out) would do better is a less structured environment.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 3, 2014 at 7:08 PM

It can.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 3, 2014 at 7:09 PM

I couldn't do it either.

OneAllergicMama
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 7:09 PM
1 mom liked this

The kids, not so much.

The DH who has been home since Christmas is starting to drive me bonkers though :)  He only works in the office three days a week and it's not looking good for next week, ugh.

StytchWytch
by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 7:11 PM
1 mom liked this

It would be bad for my children's health for me to homeschool. No way!

rosie211
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 7:14 PM
1 mom liked this

It is very hard sometimes and yes it drives me crazy sometimes.

BUT it is the best thing for my kids and the homeschool community here is wonderful!

Example: I spent 2 hours with my daughter trying to figure out the linear equation and graphing stuff. So freaking hard! I am a college graduate and should know this stuff. I am going to have to have my husband look at it with her tomorrow. What a pain!

courtp333
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 7:19 PM
1 mom liked this
I plan on "unschooling" my kids. Neither me or DH liked school so if our kids are anything like us they may not either. But if maybe they crave a more structured setting I will give it to them with other homeschooling methods. We Kind of want to do an ebb and flow type of schooling. I know its not for everyone though but I figured I'm already going to be a SAHM why not take it a little further lol I mean my parents are both public school teachers so most think thats crazy I would even consider homeschooling. But I grew up in a small town with a decent school system so if my kids weren't growing up in a town with 22 elementary schools in north Texas I would put them in school. I just worry about the kind of one on one they may need and them not getting help if needed. But thats down the line for me lol I'm only pregnant with my first!! But I already have a plan set out which I think is good to have!
OneAllergicMama
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 7:20 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL  I was always that mom who said they would never homeschool.

Then we hit last year where DS2 was repeating Kindy for the second time which led to him being evaluated for learning issues.  County psychologist starts the meeting with have you ever considered medicating him for ADHD, ummm, no.  I might have considered it had she bothered to spend time with him first.  Turns out after all the testing is said and done, he is profoundly gifted.  But again, the push for medication.  In the meantime, I spoke with our ped who disagreed with her diagnosis and when I informed them that his ped disagreed, they told me I didn't have the right kind of ped o.O

DS1 is my kid who is sick more than he is well.  We gave him the choice over the summer to homeschool or stay with traditional school.  He voted for the latter but within three weeks was on pred for a major asthma flare.  We pulled him out and he hasn't been sick since.  This is the longest time he has been well since he was born.  (And yes, we do things with a homeschool group and alone).  He is putting on weight finally and has outgrown his clothes - he has been FTT since 4mo old, he is now on the BMI chart!!

So yes, in our case it was for our children's health LOL

But I am sending Miss Obstinate 3yo to preschool and Kindy for her health and mine ;)

Quoting StytchWytch:

It would be bad for my children's health for me to homeschool. No way!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 3, 2014 at 7:20 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting Anonymous: I couldn't/wouldn't do it, either. My daughter would miss out on too many things that only an actual school can provide.

Like what?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN