Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Extreme couponing...

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 6:30 PM
  • 23 Replies
Do you do it? How do you start up? I'm thinking about trying it.
by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 6:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TrouserMouse
by Emerald Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 6:31 PM
I used to do it in a not extreme form.

Extreme couponing is my 11 year old's favorite show. He begs me to do it.
ramita
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 6:32 PM
I've often wondered this, but I'm not sure how well it would work in my area.
beerabitch69
by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 6:33 PM
1 mom liked this
No. But I always get behind them in the store.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2014 at 6:33 PM

I used to 5 years ago then everyone jumped on the bandwagon and runined it. Ill be glad when people move on to new to them concepts. But sadly I think it will never be as good as it used to be. 

echoishername
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 6:33 PM
I just don't understand how they end up with all the newspaper inserts. Lol. I also don't get the coupon doubling.

Quoting TrouserMouse: I used to do it in a not extreme form.

AutymsMommy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 6:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Why would you want to? Honest question. Everything they buy on those shows is pure crap, really; boxed food, frozen food, processed food. I guess I could see doing it for toiletries, but the rest? No thanks.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

TrouserMouse
by Emerald Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 6:36 PM
I dug through recycling bins all over town. The ones just for newspapers.

Quoting echoishername: I just don't understand how they end up with all the newspaper inserts. Lol. I also don't get the coupon doubling.

Quoting TrouserMouse: I used to do it in a not extreme form.

echoishername
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 6:41 PM
While not all the time; I do eat some of the food types. The hygiene products would be awesome to get that cheap. And the things that they end up owing you money for can be applied to other purchases... Like meat and produce.

Quoting AutymsMommy:

Why would you want to? Honest question. Everything they buy on those shows is pure crap, really; boxed food, frozen food, processed food. I guess I could see doing it for toiletries, but the rest? No thanks.

wooly
by Knitting Maniac on Jan. 3, 2014 at 6:41 PM

Yeah, like Nother mom posted, most of what I see them getting for free with their coupons I don't buy. I don't buy processed junk. And I don't feel the need for 10 years worth of deodorant hanging around my house.

notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 6:43 PM

I get the point of saving money but I've watched that show and those women dedicate HOURS of time to save a couple hundred bucks... I have life to live, thanks!

...and most people call me frugal.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured