Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Stupid Friends, I'm Tired of Being Hurt!!!!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

It never fails, I start out w/what I think are great friends.  I have get togethers at my house & everyone becomes a nice group & we have fun.  However, eventually many become closer & closer & seem to just forget about me.

3 of my so called best friends met through me, the 4 of us were best friends & now they find ways to ignore me.

Back home my best friend became friends w/my other best friend, the 2 of them started to ignore me.  I called them out on it & both said "you are moving & it hurts too much so we are walking away."  WTF kind of crap is that when we all talked about visiting & camping down here in TN?

It happened growing up too.  I'm ready to stop introducing my friends to my other friends!

No I don't think I'm annoying, I can be shy in new settings but they have all known that.  I'm always there for them, I'm an honest & true friend.  I honestly am starting to think one of the last few trustworthy, honest, loving & caring people out there!

I have been right there for all of them, and this shit happens!  I couldn't imagine being any other way.

My friend ended up in the hospital the day of my bday, I saw the ambulance & ran to her house.  I had her kids ALL day long & ALL night long.

My other friend would come over every Sunday & we'd cook/bake.  She really didn't know how, now she does.  Towards the end of her coming over I knew it was coming, she started making fun of me & my little quirks.  I use to think she was joking but it kept going & going.  Now I can laugh at myself for the most part but she took it too far.  She doesn't come over anymore & my other friend that had started to hang out on Sunday's no longer does either.

But the 3 of them are quick to get together.  I've never done a damn thing to them, was there for them yet for some reason it is so easy to walk away from me!

I'm tired of being there for people & then getting crapped on.  I just couldn't imagine being any other way.  I've tried not being so nice & loving & giving & it just isn't me.  I guess wearing your heart on your sleeve leaves you open for shit like this.

My problem is that they all said things like "I can't believe people treated you like that, I would never do that, I could never walk away from such a wonderful friend like you, I think you are one of the last true friends out there."    Why say these things if you don't freaking mean it?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2014 at 7:13 PM
Replies (31-40):
AuntReese
by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 10:45 PM
You're too nice and people take advantage. They don't have to try with you because they know you'll be there no matter what.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 3, 2014 at 10:46 PM

I HATE them, especially Brown Recluse.  I can't stress how much I hate them.

Every week I have cotton balls in every corner of the house & under beds drenched in essential oils to keep spiders away.

My one friend (I do have friends just some tend to be hurtful & some I haven't gotten close with really) who I've gotten closer w/since all this happened called me to rescue her at the gas station.  There was a huge spider in her car & she wouldn't get back in.  So yup she was smart and call the another person terrified of spiders, lol.  She trusted to call me though bc she was there when another friend basically ripped me apart bc of my spider phobia, she didn't trust to call her & not be laughed at. They were closer at the time, not so much anymore.  Guess people change or true colors come out. IDK.

Anyway, this big black thing crawled up by her mirror, I couldn't safely get it w/o knocking the mirror off the windshield or having it jump on me.  Thankfully a retired Vet came over & assisted us w/a bit of laughter.  He did try to make us feel better though.  He said "3 wars & honestly I'd rather be shot at then have a spider on my leg." LOL I think he was fibbing, lol.

Quoting Anonymous: I'm terrified of spiders too. They scare the shit out of me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 3, 2014 at 10:48 PM

I eventually walk away though & they know that bc I've walked away from others.

They've sat there & said, "dont' know why anyone would walk away from you, you are what a true friend should be."  People shouldn't say things they don' t mean.  I know I know, too trusting & naive.

Quoting AuntReese: You're too nice and people take advantage. They don't have to try with you because they know you'll be there no matter what.

Mom2tmk
by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 10:55 PM
1 mom liked this
I was thinking the same thing!! Hugs

Quoting TurtleMami:

Did I write this in my sleep?

AuntReese
by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 10:55 PM
I've had this problem in the past. People don't like friends who are pushovers. People like confidence.
Not saying you aren't confident.

They do it because they can get away with it. They know that because you tell them about previous friendships.. Next time don't tell.. And call them out and say enough is enough. Either be your friend or don't and genuinely don't care if they don't want to be your friend. You don't need people who aren't interested in being your friend.

Quoting Anonymous:  I eventually walk away though & they know that bc I've walked away from others.
They've sat there & said, "dont' know why anyone would walk away from you, you are what a true friend should be."  People shouldn't say things they don' t mean.  I know I know, too trusting & naive.
Quoting AuntReese: You're too nice and people take advantage. They don't have to try with you because they know you'll be there no matter what.

susannah2000
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 10:59 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm sadly thinking that is the way I need to go :(

Quoting frankiesma530:

Boooo, that sucks.  I keep to myself, I trust no one!

Me too. I haven't had much success with trusting people, and I am tired of being hurt too.  I am giving it up.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 3, 2014 at 10:59 PM

Yeah we tended to talk about absolutely everything over the months.

I never really saw myself as a pushover, just someone who cared about her friends & wanted to help.   I don't really want to change but I guess maybe some changes are sometimes necessary, doesn't mean I have to change completely.

Quoting AuntReese: I've had this problem in the past. People don't like friends who are pushovers. People like confidence.

They do it because they can get away with it. They know that because you tell them about previous friendships.. Next time don't tell.. And call them out and say enough is enough. Either be your friend or don't and genuinely don't care if they don't want to be your friend. You don't need people who aren't interested in being your friend.

Quoting Anonymous:  I eventually walk away though & they know that bc I've walked away from others.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 3, 2014 at 11:03 PM

I don't know honey......it happens to me as well. I guess I'm just not as fun or talkitive as others are? I have two amazing friends (both guys). One is halfway around the world in Japan in the Navy and the other is here in town. They are more like brothers then friends. Those two are my constants.

Other than them I've stopped making friends and don't have any others. Sure I have acquaintances.

AuntReese
by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 11:03 PM
You don't have to change yourself completely. You just need to be more assertive.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah we tended to talk about absolutely everything over the months.

I never really saw myself as a pushover, just someone who cared about her friends & wanted to help.   I don't really want to change but I guess maybe some changes are sometimes necessary, doesn't mean I have to change completely.

Quoting AuntReese: I've had this problem in the past. People don't like friends who are pushovers. People like confidence.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 3, 2014 at 11:05 PM
I'm sorry :( This is why I am pretty anti-social and have no friends. I've been screwed over too much.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN