Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So ANGRY...don't know what to do! *VENT

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies

My husband has been "self-employed" for almost a year now. I put it quotes because he technically has a boss and works for the same person. He just is considered sself employed so his boss don't have to deal with his taxes. Anyways at first he got paid per job, then the boss changed it to $100 a day. Well today he gets his check and was only paid $75 a day for 3 days. All three of those days he was gonna 10+ hours, and it is a very physically grueling job most days. He is currently looking for a job, but can't just quite because I am not working. I just wish there was something we could do about his boss.. :( I am also somewhat looking for a job because we are trying work on our credit. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2014 at 8:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2priceboys
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 8:35 PM

Sonds like he needs to make clearer pay scaes with his boss so he won't get taken advantage of again

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 3, 2014 at 8:36 PM

I am pretty sure this man doesn't care what they his excuse is they didn't do anything or at least that is what they told the other guy that works there.

Quoting mom2priceboys:

Sonds like he needs to make clearer pay scaes with his boss so he won't get taken advantage of again

LAXmom21
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 8:39 PM
Why aren't you working?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2014 at 8:40 PM
He should contact your county's fair labor department and file a claim. They will resolve he matter for him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2014 at 8:40 PM

Sounds like you need to start working... $100 a day is not enough to support even a 3-person family.  If he works literally every day that isn't the weekend, that's only 26k before taxes... You need a job.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2014 at 8:41 PM
How do you "somewhat" look for a job?
Beenhereforever
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 8:41 PM
You could work at home pm me for details
joci2203
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 8:42 PM
Sounds like he is being taken advantage of.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 3, 2014 at 8:43 PM

his hours are so crazy that it would be impossible. We have one vehicle, putting them in childcare, gas, plus I am a full time college student I wouldn't be bringing home anything. For example he was gone from 630 am til midnight last night, but then where told they weren't working today. So it makes it hard to work around. 

Quoting LAXmom21: Why aren't you working?

bluebunnybabe
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 8:43 PM
1 mom liked this
He's going to get really screwed on his taxes because of that. $75 a day isn't going to be anything by the time it's over. Depending on the job, he may actually be an employee. He can ask the IRS for a determination on it & if the IRS determines he is an employee, the employer will have to pay their share of the taxes. I did it for my son one year when a place sent him a 1099 & he was going to get screwed & he won. It's very easy.
ETA In case he is contact labor, he should be keeping a mileage log & all other expenses to keep his taxes down.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)