Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

how much do you spend on groceries each month?

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm talking everything you buy in a grocery store, to include diapers, formula, health and beauty items, paper products, etc.  How much do you pay per month (including any PA). I cannot believe people can get away with only 300 a month for a family! I coupon and there is no way I could get it that low. Am I alone?

Edit: I guess I should add : How often do you eat out? That may have a lot to do with the grocery bill. We rarely eat out, so I buy lots of groceries

by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 8:35 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 3, 2014 at 8:40 PM
400-500. family of five including our dog ;)
Mom2Just1
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 8:40 PM

400/month.  That includes food, diapers, tide, etc.  I breastfeed so formula has always been out, I coupon as well, and don't receive any type of pa.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

TinaNicu
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 8:42 PM

I'm starting to feel better. I spend about 800 for a family of 4 (kids 5 and 7).  I used to get away with 600 years ago. Inflation.

Raeann11
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 8:42 PM

Around $300- 500 some months are a bit higher when we have to do a stock up. For a family of 5 and three cats.

DarylNVannasMom
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 8:43 PM
Family of 3, 2 lab/mastiff puppies, a chihuahua, a maltese and a cat....600ish depending on the season. Dh just brought back 100 lbs of meat, a mix of dear and hog (pork) so our budget will probably not be as high now.
kissesxoxo8882
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 8:45 PM

about 250-350 a month

DarylNVannasMom
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 8:46 PM
Also, we rarely eat out.
bcauseimthemom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 8:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Total... about 1300 dollars..... family of 5, three dogs... one being an English Mastiff puppy and three cats....one of the children is a teenaged boy so he is a bottomless pit

nkki954
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 8:46 PM

For our family of four I was spening about $600 a month, but that doesn't include diapers for our toddler or all the eating out or my teenagers lunches. Now we have a newborn as well, so it's going to go up more with formula and more diapers.

i do use coupons and preplan meals. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 3, 2014 at 8:47 PM

Too much probably, but I like certain things. There are 3 of us and I spend about $800 a month. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)