Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

how much do you spend on groceries each month?

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm talking everything you buy in a grocery store, to include diapers, formula, health and beauty items, paper products, etc.  How much do you pay per month (including any PA). I cannot believe people can get away with only 300 a month for a family! I coupon and there is no way I could get it that low. Am I alone?

Edit: I guess I should add : How often do you eat out? That may have a lot to do with the grocery bill. We rarely eat out, so I buy lots of groceries

by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 8:35 PM
Replies (31-40):
polkaspots
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 8:50 PM
Maybe 400? It's mostly food. We only buy toilet paper, shampoo, body wash, and dish soap on a regular basis. We do fast food maybe once a month and it's usually just a snack of French fries and soda. It's been a few months and we're still following that rule.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 3, 2014 at 8:51 PM

I just recently had a wake up call about how much we spend on groceries thanks to a promotion at the grocery store where you get a sticker for every $10 you spend and you then redeem them for items.  For the month of November and December I had 170 stickers.  So $1700 on 2 months of groceries.  

Maries_Mom23
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 8:51 PM

Family of 4 (2 adults, 2 kids, ages 10 and 6), no PA and I shop every two weeks when DH gets paid.  I menu plan and go to Aldi first, then Kroger.  No pets, just us!  I spend roughly $500-$600 a month on food and personal items.  We go out to eat maybe once a week.  

Franbuessa
by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 8:51 PM
Family of 6 1000 no PA and wholesale only
TinaNicu
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 8:52 PM

I have 2 small boys, so I am NOT looking forward to when they are teens. My oldest already eats like an adult!

Quoting bcauseimthemom:

Total... about 1300 dollars..... family of 5, three dogs... one being an English Mastiff puppy and three cats....one of the children is a teenaged boy so he is a bottomless pit

myperfect4inok
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 8:53 PM
Family of 6. 2 cats and 1 dog and a guinea pig and I spend around $500 a month for everything we need
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 3, 2014 at 8:54 PM

$1,600-1,800 month for a family of 6. We eat out once a week (vegan restaurant) and we eat a vegan organic diet. 

-Teeter-Totter-
by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 8:54 PM
Our budget is $400 for a family of four and two dogs.

We shop at Aldis and Walmart for regular stuff, then get bulk items from SAMs and Amazon.

Edit: sorry, forgot to say-we eat out once a week.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 3, 2014 at 8:55 PM
About 800 if you count wic formula. We are a family of 4 and a cat.
katherine84
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 8:56 PM
2 moms liked this
We are a family of 7. I grow and can/freeze a lot of fruits and veggies from our garden. We have chickens for meat and eggs. My husband is a hunter(we currently have 2 freezers full of meat). I cook mostly from scratch. I spend about $30 a week at the store.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN