Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Does anyone know anything about the Bracken Concept test????

Posted by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 1:08 AM
  • 13 Replies
We just got a letter with test results back for this test DS took for kindergarten for next year, but the letter did not say anything about what the test scores actually mean. It was for the Receptive and Expressive subtests of the Bracken concept test.

Does anyone know what this test does/how they score it, etc??

Thanks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 1:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rgba
by Ruby Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 1:09 AM
B
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rgba
by Ruby Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 1:09 AM
U
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rgba
by Ruby Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 1:09 AM
M
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rgba
by Ruby Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 1:09 AM
P
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LaMerica
by Silver Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 1:11 AM

Not sure. Here's a bump.


rgba
by Ruby Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 1:26 AM
Thanks. I tried googling it but it didn't help :(

Quoting LaMerica:

Not sure. Here's a bump.


Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RedMatador09
by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 1:34 AM

Did they give you an overall score?

ineedcoffeemom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 1:35 AM

I googled and it sounded like it's a school readiness test. So what it does is tell you how well your child understands basic concepts. And it says the scores are shown either percentile or standard. So standard I would have no idea, but percentile would be, for example, if you're child scored in the 60th percentile, then he understood basic concepts better than 60% of his peers and not as well as the other 40% of his peers. I'm pretty sure that's how that would be measured anyway .... unless it's reverse for some reason.

rgba
by Ruby Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 4:17 AM
They gave us scores, but it doesn't say whether they are percentiles or standard. Did you see any kind of range listed for standard scores?

Quoting ineedcoffeemom:

I googled and it sounded like it's a school readiness test. So what it does is tell you how well your child understands basic concepts. And it says the scores are shown either percentile or standard. So standard I would have no idea, but percentile would be, for example, if you're child scored in the 60th percentile, then he understood basic concepts better than 60% of his peers and not as well as the other 40% of his peers. I'm pretty sure that's how that would be measured anyway .... unless it's reverse for some reason.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rgba
by Ruby Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 4:17 AM
No, just a score for each category

Quoting RedMatador09:

Did they give you an overall score?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)