Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

how did your parents meet?

Posted by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 1:20 AM
  • 59 Replies
With my mom and bio dad:
They were highschool sweethearts. My mom had me at 15. They got married before I was born and divorced just before my second birthday. Mom and I then moved from Texas to Minnesota. I had no relationship with bio-dad till I was 19.

My parents <3:
I was about 3. Was going to daycare while mom worked. I became best friends with a little girl my age named Tarah. The daycare lady (a friend of my moms) talked to my mom and Tarah's dad about setting up a play date. They started dating shortly after that. Got married the next year. He adopted me when I was in second grade.

How did your parents meet?
by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 1:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hannahluvsdogs
by Ruby Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 1:24 AM

My dad was a regular customer at the store where my mom worked. They flirted every time he came in and eventually he asked her out.

SleepingBeautee
by Silver Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 1:24 AM

She had been married before and had three kids. My mom and my bio father met while they were both working in cinstruction building a grain elevator. He was a terrible guy and after two kids they divorced. She met my dad while working as a waitress. He came in every night and left her huge tips. She was a single mom of five kids and that sure endeared him to her.

Lil_Wolf
by Bronze Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 1:25 AM
1 mom liked this

My parents met while my mom was climbing a tree. My dad video taped her tree clombing & when she came down, asked if she wanted to see a movie. The movie was her climbing the tree. Their first date was The Fox & the Hound. They were married in June of 1982 & I was born in October of that same year. They are still married 31 years later.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 4, 2014 at 1:25 AM
I don't know, they divorced when I was 2.
wonderstruck11
by Platinum Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 1:25 AM

They dated in high school but broke up before I was born. I didn't even meet my dad until I was 18.

ineedcoffeemom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 1:25 AM

I think my mom and bio dad met each other at work but I'm not sure. Mom's pregnancy with me caused them to split. I saw my dad about 3 times a year growing up.

My mom and step-dad got set up on a blind date. My mom had reached the point that she thought she'd just stop trying to find a man after going through lots of crappy boyfriends. But her friends convinced her to go on a blind date with a "reliable" guy I guess. And they were married a year later. And I'm glad she found him. I love my stepdad.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 4, 2014 at 1:26 AM
My mom was borrowing a cup of sugar from her sister and my dad was her neighbor!
jjchick75
by Gold Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 1:31 AM
1 mom liked this
My dad and egg donor met at AA...I wish I was joking lol.

My dad and mom met through a mutual friend. They were introduced at my God mothers wedding. My dad said he knew instantly that he would spend the rest of his life with her, she said she thought he was weird and initially couldn't wait to get away from him lol. They were amazing people and had an amazing relationship. They are both gone now and oh how I miss them!
Pink.Sunshine.
by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 1:31 AM

damned if I know not that it matters much now.

lesalmi
by Gold Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 1:32 AM
That's awesome. :) my parents just hit 20 years back in March

Quoting Lil_Wolf:

My parents met while my mom was climbing a tree. My dad video taped her tree clombing & when she came down, asked if she wanted to see a movie. The movie was her climbing the tree. Their first date was The Fox & the Hound. They were married in June of 1982 & I was born in October of that same year. They are still married 31 years later.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)