Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm a mother of three, pregnant with a fourth, and going to leave my husband

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 42 Replies
1 mom liked this
Well, I'm very seriously considering it.

We are a very happy couple, a happy family, except on the weekends my step kids are here and then it's like I'm stressed to the max, he turns into a total jerk, and by the time everyone is in bed we're at each other's throats.

My step children are not pleasant children to be around and their presence sets the entire household into chaos. I try to be polite and cool and not let them see my frustration and they seem to see it as weakness. My husband basically lets me handle the minute to minute stuff then pops in every hour and a half to scream at everyone then goes back to doing whatever. They won't listen, everything I say they argue, they are constantly demanding things of me; it's the same shit every single weekend I'm a broken record and it never makes a dent in their little hard heads. I've never met children like them... they have no fears whatsoever- in public they'll run off by themselves with no concept that it's not ok or dangerous even after being told time after time, I can't play outside with them because they won't listen and well just run off and do whatever they want. My step daughter steals from us constantly, tonight I find her sticking the kitten she begged for up to the heater. A couple weeks ago my step son busted out the lightbulb in my son's lamp because he was spitting on it.

I'm at my wits end and my husband's statement tonight?

"They're used to being screamed at all day every day, they don't take you seriously the way you talk to them. You're a push over. They don't respect you."

They've only been in the same state as us for the last year so they are pretty conditioned to their mom's behaviors and rules which are non-existent.

Anyone else leave a husband because you couldn't deal with the step kids?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 4, 2014 at 1:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hannahluvsdogs
by Ruby Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 1:31 AM
1 mom liked this

I'd try family counseling first.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 4, 2014 at 1:32 AM
1 mom liked this

Were the stepkids just born? If not, you knew what you were getting into when you married him. Suck it up and deal with it now. You made your bed, now lie in it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 4, 2014 at 1:34 AM
1 mom liked this
No, they were not in the same state and upon signing the marriage certificate there was no fine print saying I had to deal with majority damaged kids. I don't have to lie in anything, I'm a grown woman and I have options.

Quoting Anonymous:

Were the stepkids just born? If not, you knew what you were getting into when you married him. Suck it up and deal with it now. You made your bed, now lie in it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 4, 2014 at 1:35 AM
Their mother won't consent and she has to. She doesn't think they are a problem, the school has tried as well and she refused.

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

I'd try family counseling first.

BCauseImAwesome
by Silver Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 1:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Another post that re-affirms my desire never to be a step mom. Good luck.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 4, 2014 at 1:37 AM
I don't suggest it. But I also think my case is unique and worse than most.

Quoting BCauseImAwesome:

Another post that re-affirms my desire never to be a step mom. Good luck.

bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 1:38 AM
So that gives these kids the rights to treat her like shit? And her husband?

Quoting Anonymous:

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Jan. 4, 2014 at 1:39 AM

Wow, I'm sorry. No, my husband has never said anything like that. 

TexTornado
by Platinum Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 1:40 AM
3 moms liked this

I don't understand why you are in charge of them.  If he's home, he needs to be spending time with them, and if it's in the playroom, then so be it.  If it's outside, he needs to take his ass out there & watch them.  Step up, daddy! 

opal10161973
by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 1:41 AM
1 mom liked this

Why isn't he on your side and standing up with you on this?  He knew how those kids were and it seems like he gave you no warning.  Family counseling may help, but it may not, if he doesn't stand up with you on this.  You should be a unit.  He should be more involved and not running away from his responsibilities as a parent.  He needs to BE there, not depending on you to take care of them.  Surely, I cannot blame you for wanting to leave that behind.  What a mess!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)