Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Cursing in the work place....

Posted by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 1:33 AM
  • 66 Replies

I'm 46. I've been working since I was 8 years old. At the time, I was the dishwasher in a family resturant and the only person how ever slipped with a curse word was the Owner. For the last 20 years, I've worked in the Accounting Field, close knit office settings with thin walls or open cubicles. I'm completely blown away by the amount of bad language I hear DAILY from people...and within hearing of the President of the company!! What is wrong with people yelling out "Sh*t" or dropping the F-bomb like nothing. It's beyond distasteful, it's just low class. You can voice your opinion of a bad situation without the use of 4 letter words! Be adults. Have some restraint. Show some class. How flipping difficult is it? I've trained with Marines with better language and manners. The thing that floors me the most is when I draw attention to it, they just laugh it off and it continues. Before the questions come, "Yes",  I do curse..."NO" not at work. If I get the "loosen up" speech, I'd say GROW UP, have some decency, Learn some manners and learn to communicate with an enriched vocabulary that doesn't involve curse words.

by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 1:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RitaTequila531
by *JuStRITa* on Jan. 4, 2014 at 1:37 AM
O...k
You're going to get a bunch of unnecessary cursing replies now Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 4, 2014 at 1:39 AM
3 moms liked this

I agree with you so fucking much right now - I mean HELL, who the fuck thinks its ok to swear like that, bloody oath!

wonderstruck11
by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 1:42 AM

Fuck that shit, I'll cuss whenever I damn well please.

Pink.Sunshine.
by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 1:42 AM

You would hate it where I work then. Everyone curses. 

Droyal14u
by Bronze Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 1:43 AM

I see that you have a sense of humor. Good, everyone will laugh at you for showcasing your barely adequate conversational skills. This was just a basic rant that I have to deal with daily and you had to show your lack of empathy. How very nice. Thanks. The world is full of people. just. like. you. How bloody sad. Your parents much be so proud.

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree with you so fucking much right now - I mean HELL, who the fuck thinks its ok to swear like that, bloody oath!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 4, 2014 at 1:43 AM

I like fucking cursing. It's mother fucking fun. Some fucking people need to fucking lighten up shit. I love it. Fuck rolls off my tongue like butter. Mother fucking butter.

Pink.Sunshine.
by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 1:44 AM

This is Mom Confessions, not Harvard..no one gives a...uh..can't say that word :) She's grown, why the hell would her parents care? LMAO

Quoting Droyal14u:

I see that you have a sense of humor. Good, everyone will laugh at you for showcasing your barely adequate conversational skills. This was just a basic rant that I have to deal with daily and you had to show your lack of empathy. How very nice. Thanks. The world is full of people. just. like. you. How bloody sad. Your parents much be so proud.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 4, 2014 at 1:45 AM

this shit is mutha fucking funny as shit!

Droyal14u
by Bronze Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 1:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting RitaTequila531: O...k
You're going to get a bunch of unnecessary cursing replies now Lol

Funny how posting a simple dislike on an open forum constitutes a basic need to fling that very thing in people's faces. Where's the empathy? Where's the decency nowadays? If this is where the world is going, I have zero desire to live past my 50's. Sewer mouths don't sound good on anyone.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 4, 2014 at 1:45 AM
This isn't going to end well OP. Oh, does ducking bunnies count as a curse word?

Quoting Droyal14u:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN