Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

WHITE PRIVILEGE

Posted by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 4:07 PM
  • 220 Replies
9 moms liked this

So...I see a lot of you get upset when people POC, or people in general for that matter, mention White Privilege. I saw this and thought it explained it relatively well. I also think it might help some of you understand that black anger some of you are always bitching about.

by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 4:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ButterMeUp
by Butters on Jan. 4, 2014 at 4:11 PM
4 moms liked this

I would also like to add that the most important thing to understand about this post or any discussion/post about white privilege is that it is not meant to attack anyone or a specific group, but more meant to be an eye opener. We all have privileges. Recognizing them is a huge key part of building better society and eliminating some of the bitter effects of stereotyping and discrimination. 

*If you read my post and there are mistakes in my spelling or grammar please note that I never learned either in school and I am currently learning them now. If you see a mistake POLITELY point it out and I'll be more than happy to correct my mistake. Here's a fun little siggy for your enjoyment. *

Lilfootmommy
by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 4:11 PM
Right
ButterMeUp
by Butters on Jan. 4, 2014 at 4:13 PM

B

ButterMeUp

U

ButterMeUp

M

ButterMeUp

P

ButterMeUp

BUMP! That spells Buuuuuuuuuuump 

Sweetie1216
by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 4:14 PM
3 moms liked this

Cymbeline
by Gold Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 4:14 PM
17 moms liked this
I believe in both white privilege and male privilege. I've yet to meet an intelligent person who does not.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ButterMeUp
by Butters on Jan. 4, 2014 at 4:15 PM

I don't get it O.o

Quoting Sweetie1216:

*If you read my post and there are mistakes in my spelling or grammar please note that I never learned either in school and I am currently learning them now. If you see a mistake POLITELY point it out and I'll be more than happy to correct my mistake. Here's a fun little siggy for your enjoyment. *

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)