Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ETA. When your child was little

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Did your toddler or preschooler ever go outside by themselves?

Options:

yes

no

maybe

other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 52

View Results

Did they ever get outside by themselves?

Okay I guess I was not clear. Did they ever accidentally get outside by themselves? Let themselves out while you were otherwise detained.
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 7:20 PM
Replies (21-26):
Jasuzha
by Silver Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 7:44 PM
Lucky you

Quoting Anonymous:

I was blessed with a child that struggled to open doors.  She was also too timid to even want to adventure out by herself.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
balow929
by Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 7:44 PM

my DD whois now 6 got out she was about 2 i was working as a nanny i left her asleep in her room went to work for less than an hour and came home to her sitting on our front steps holding a yoda pillow telling me she missed me and was waiting for me. Dh was inside and knew she was outside after she had already opened it while he was in the bathroom

PinkButterfly66
by Ruby Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 7:46 PM

Nope but she did hide in her wardrobe once and scared the beejesus out of me because I called and called and tore the house upside down looking for her and I couldn't find her.  I knew she wasn't outside because the deadbolts were on, but I looked anyway.  Finally after hearing the fear in my voice, she decided to come out of her hiding place.  We weren't even playing hide and seek.

ELKmountain.mom
by Peepers on Jan. 4, 2014 at 7:49 PM
Both boys have, my daughter never tried. Most recent was my then 2 year old leaving while I was in the bathroom, he was playing with sister and while I was only in there 2 mins he left, grabbed the scooter and was around the corner by the time I stopped searching his hiding spots inside and jumped in the car.
He declared he was headed to the park! Ahhh we got an alarm system with door beeps after that
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 4, 2014 at 8:00 PM
When I worked third shift yea... enough times that I had to quit. It sucked
weeping_angel
by Don't Blink on Jan. 4, 2014 at 8:01 PM
He's never snuck out
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured