Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My second child gets jipped.

Posted by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 7:30 PM
  • 31 Replies
I threw nice birthday parties for my oldest since he turned one. He's 6 now. Had a big friend party this year. I threw big family parties previously. 20 ish people. Sometimes more. I did the same for my daughter's 1st and 2nd birthday. She's 3 on the 7th. We're doing cake and ice cream at my parents. That's it this year. I'm exhausted and can't even bring myself to plan a theme party. I'm making her cake and inviting grandparents and aunts and uncles. It'll still be 15 people give or take, but I don't have the energy for anything more this year. Sorry kid!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 7:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Karyanne24
by Bronze Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 7:31 PM
:( sad
Pokemon_Lover
by Silver Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 7:34 PM
It sounds like the things that matters most family , cake and presents are there. Those are the most important things for any birthday party!
joci2203
by Silver Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 7:35 PM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't call it jipped. I think we tend to go overboard on many things with the first baby. I am not a party planner, lol, we always keep it small, still fun though:)
j3st3r
by Jedi on Jan. 4, 2014 at 7:35 PM
Gypped. I only know that because it's a reference to gypsies.
TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Jan. 4, 2014 at 7:36 PM
Eh. Shes still at the age where cake and presents are the only thing she cares about and won't remember it later on anyways
balow929
by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 7:37 PM

dont feel bad my 3 kids share a party cause they all have birthdays in Jan. so its usually huge

emt088
by Silver Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 7:37 PM
Eh. Dd 3 wasn't even going to get a real party this year; I just don't see the need to throw huge parties for such a young child. Dh threw a fit, so she got her birthday party... but there were still only two other here. Mostly adults (our friends) maybe five will be different. More time for her to develop real friendships
hershey6
by Bronze Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 7:38 PM
1 mom liked this
I think the simple ones tend to be better most of the time anyway- especially at that age.
DeeMD82
by Silver Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 7:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Damn,  all I did was bake a cake for my dd.  I feel bad that I forgot icecream now.  It's ok though she is only 2.

ColieO
by Ruby Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 7:38 PM
I've always tried to do fun birthdays because unless I planned one for myself, I didn't get anything more than a cake and ice cream family party growing up lol. And not because my parents didn't care, they just don't have any party planning skills. I'm just burnt out this year. I'm working two jobs and this has been a crazy holiday season. Too bad they're not summer babies and I don't have to worry about getting slammed the end of the year lol. From Halloween to this first week in January I don't have time to breathe.

Quoting Pokemon_Lover: It sounds like the things that matters most family , cake and presents are there. Those are the most important things for any birthday party!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)