Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

cosleeping is the devils work

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies
No seriously. My dd hits and kicks and tosses and turns and grinds her teeth all night.
For the past 3 nights she has been up way past her bedtime being pitiful and begging to sleep in my bed. She claims its becaise she is lonely.
Help. I can't sleep when she is in my bed and when she grinds her teeth I want to hit something. How do I get her to stay in her bed and go to sleep?
Before this we never had problems. Nothing changed that I know of. Help!!!!!
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 4, 2014 at 9:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Xanbuttsmom
by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 9:55 PM
Maybe she is just lonely... Try a pallet on the floor and a fan to drown out the sound of her grinding teeth.

Don't they have mouth guards for people who grind their teeth?
KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 9:57 PM

My DD is HORRIBLE to sleep next to. If she does crawl into my bed, she kicks, tosses, turns, etc. Luckily she has stopped that habit.

cateringtomel
by Anna_Elijah on Jan. 4, 2014 at 9:57 PM
So is foozeball
Paige03
by Silver Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 9:59 PM

Put and extra sheet on your bed let her fall asleep then take sheet with her back to her bed. She should stay asleep for a while, continue doing it and eventually she will stop, or at least mine did lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 4, 2014 at 9:59 PM
She wants to be snuggled up with me. Thats is the only way I can get her to sleep the last few nights and she stays up later trying to talk and play and then finally falls asleep and by then I am too tired to get anything done and thwn she keeps me up all night so I'm tired and cranky in the morning.
Its a queen size bed and just the two of us but with her it feels like a dang toddler bed lol. She is only 5 and takes up most of the bed

Quoting Xanbuttsmom: Maybe she is just lonely... Try a pallet on the floor and a fan to drown out the sound of her grinding teeth.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 4, 2014 at 10:01 PM
Just saw the part about the guard. Yes but her dentist won't prescribe one until it starts damaging her teeth and the ones you get in the sport section are too big for her.

Quoting Xanbuttsmom: Maybe she is just lonely... Try a pallet on the floor and a fan to drown out the sound of her grinding teeth.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 4, 2014 at 10:03 PM
Yeah dd had stopped. Its just been the last few days. Normally she sleeps fine in her bed she might crawl in bed with me once a month or less and if I tell her to go to her bed she does it no fits. But now it is like I'm asking her to jump in a fiery pit instead of a nice comfy bed filled with her favorite stuffies and blankets.

Quoting KairisMama:

My DD is HORRIBLE to sleep next to. If she does crawl into my bed, she kicks, tosses, turns, etc. Luckily she has stopped that habit.

owl0210
by Emerald Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 10:04 PM

Be consistent and don't let her sleep in your bed anymore. Stop giving in you're the parent.

Torihoney5njn
by Kristy on Jan. 4, 2014 at 10:04 PM
My son crowds me to the edge of my cal king when he sleeps with me on some nights when my hubby is at work. (Once in a while I'll relent and we'll have a sleepover in my room). I literally will have to get out if it, walk around to the other side and get back in. Silly kid wants to sleep sideways lol. What works for us most of the time is we lay down together at his bedtime in his bed (he has a full) he conks out and I leave. Usually he sleeps through the night, but occasionally I get the 3 am invite to come back to his room again. He's my only so I don't mind so much.
Gypsy.Scribe
by Ravenclawesome on Jan. 4, 2014 at 10:05 PM

pretty sure cafemom is the devil's work.

but i feel ya. DD is 18 months and we're trying to get her to sleep in her own bed. Sometimes she will sleep in her bed for a couple hours, but then she screams until she gets into bed with us.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)