Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anesthesia, have your kids been put under?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 540 Replies
2 moms liked this

How many times have your kid(s) been put under with anesthesia?  For what surgeries?  We're you worried each time?

Dd is having laser surgery next week on her birthmark.  This is the 35 th surgery.  She has had 3 neck surgeries also for torticollis.  38 times is a lot.  Every time there is always a risk.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 4, 2014 at 11:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cybcm
by Gold Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 11:47 PM

Not many times.

DD19 had a lap/D+C at 16
DS17 had his appendix removed at 12

The younger 3 haven't had any surgeries. Of course I was worried, it's my job to worry about them at the best of times, let alone when they are having operations.

answeredprayer
by Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 11:49 PM
#2 has been put under twice. Once for tubes and another to remove his adnoids and tonsils. He's also had dental work and was gassed but awake. U waa a nervous wreck every time.
inspain
by Platinum Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 11:49 PM
4 moms liked this

Just once, for emergency appendectomy.  She was fine.  I wasn't worried.  It was 11pm and I'd missed dinner, so I spent her surgery looking for chocolate and potato chips.  DH spent the time freaking out and wondering how I could eat.  

I had to look up torticollis.  Is it really hard to correct?  That's a whole different story than one appendectomy.  I'm sorry.  The stress must be terrible.  In your position, I'm sure I'd be holding my breath every single time. 

goodygumdrops
by Bronze Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 11:49 PM

All 3 of my  boys have been under.  The first two for Pyloric Stenosis and the third for an Intesuption (sp?) repair.  

forgot to add...  I was ok until they were in recovery.  Then I was a mess and overwhelmed with relief, stress and everything else.  

t1gger143
by Gold Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 11:53 PM
None so far, but I think we will be lookin at a tonsil removal this year. Ds isn't sleeping because of his horrible snoring. Possibly tubes too. Hoping he grows out of all of it like his brother did.
hazel1922
by Silver Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 11:55 PM
My oldest was put down for dental work. It scared the hell outta me. It literally took seconds for him to go limb.i swear it felt like looking at my dead son. I cried when I walked out to meet my so.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 4, 2014 at 11:56 PM

My oldest was put under for eye sugery on both of her eyes because the muscles in her eyes were too loose and were causing crossing.  I was a NERVOUS wreck! I cried the whole time she was in surgery.

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Jan. 4, 2014 at 11:57 PM
Ds1 has been under twice. Both times for his arm. Once for pinning and once for unpinning.
brandie1470
by Platinum Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 11:57 PM
Once. Circumcision when he was 4
mstricey
by Gold Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 11:58 PM
3 times.

Ear tubes, MRI/CT SCAN, oral procedure.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured