Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you invert?

Posted by on Jan. 5, 2014 at 6:59 AM
  • 20 Replies
Does anybody use an inversion table regularly? What about for working out?
Do you recommend it to others?

I actually have an inversion table but I have a hard time with being upside down and I never committed to doing it daily to get used to it. My head feels like it is going to explode. It feels good other than that. Does that go away if you use it regularly?
by on Jan. 5, 2014 at 6:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cntrdmom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 7:01 AM
Bump
thisisrealsht
by Bronze Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 7:03 AM
I dont think it really works for most people because they seem so tense when on them lol.
cntrdmom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 7:05 AM
It's kinda painful at first. I never got past that part. I saw some videos on YouTube though where they look all kinda of relaxed and happy.
It hurt my back but it was a good kind of pain. I just couldn't handle much. Like when you pop your knuckles, or get a deep tissue massage. That kind of pain that results in a good feeling.

Quoting thisisrealsht: I dont think it really works for most people because they seem so tense when on them lol.
cntrdmom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 7:22 AM
Bump
Mocha.Maya.Me
by on Jan. 5, 2014 at 7:26 AM

Do you mean, like Teeters Hangups?   I love hanging upside down and while I may be Bat-Shit crazy I am no bat or vampire! LMAO

It's great for my back and sciatica!

Some mornings it's just best to fill the sink with coffee, dunk your head in it and suck.

cntrdmom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 7:28 AM
Yes! Was it a little painful at first? How long did it take for you to adjust and be able to invert for a decent amount of time?

Quoting Mocha.Maya.Me:

Do you mean, like Teeters Hangups?   I love hanging upside down and while I may be Bat-Shit crazy I am no bat or vampire! LMAO

mattiehatter
by Mary on Jan. 5, 2014 at 7:29 AM
We want one.
Mocha.Maya.Me
by on Jan. 5, 2014 at 7:33 AM

It took me about a month of SLOWLY adjusting and learning to trust it and my body to do what was needed and that I was safe doing so. I've been doing it for about 2 years now.  Now I can stay for about 20 to 30 minutes comfortably, any longer and I'm in danger of falling asleep. I LOVE IT!

As to hurting, it was um, a weird feeling, but once my bones and muscles got in the right position  from hanging and the release of pressure on my spine, it no longer felt strange. Maybe 2 weeks for that to happen.

Quoting cntrdmom: Yes! Was it a little painful at first? How long did it take for you to adjust and be able to invert for a decent amount of time?

Quoting Mocha.Maya.Me:

Be a premium gourmet coffee-drinking individual-espresso yourself!

BonnieRay
by Bronze Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 7:33 AM
My brother has one. He started out doing it for a few minutes every other day or so and now he uses almost everyday. He loves it. He said you get used to it, but it's best to take it slow. If you get too uncomfortable, you won't want to keep using it!
sugarcrisp
by Ruby Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 7:36 AM

No but I'd love to get one and strap my neighbor to it.

If a person is upside down long enough, the pressure from gravity and the blood pooling in the head can cause the eyes to pop out.

This seems like acceptable torture for his shit. :P

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)