Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I got fired!! WOOO.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 89 Replies

Eh I am back and forth on the Woo....

I don't know if I am excited yet. I mean I am glad about being a SAHM again and I was contaplating on quitting anyway... But I am going to miss so many people!

I got fired because of 5 abscences... All five I was in the hospital though....

Glad my job cared enough to see that as a reason on why I wasn't around. Stupid people.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 5, 2014 at 8:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Irish_mama_2011
by Silver Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 8:24 AM

Congratulations? LOL was it Wal-Mart? Sounds like something they would do, they fired my husband after only 3.

LokisMama
by Platinum Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 8:25 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree, sounds like Wal-Mart.

If you're happy though, good for you then. It took getting fired from Walmart to realize how angry and horrible that job made me.

Quoting Irish_mama_2011:

Congratulations? LOL was it Wal-Mart? Sounds like something they would do, they fired my husband after only 3.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 5, 2014 at 8:26 AM

Yes!! It was! Good call. I have been with them for a couple of years.... I got pregnant with this baby and have been really sick as hell with morning sickness... Well I ended up in the hospital for dehydration and really low electrolytes... Come back to work and BAM.

Quoting Irish_mama_2011:

Foolynroo2
by Ruby Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 8:27 AM
3 moms liked this

I don't know about your situation, but sometimes jobs can't afford to care, when dealing with a high volume of absences.

Irish_mama_2011
by Silver Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 8:27 AM

The one by us just got a new manager, the old one retired, and he has fired close to 50 people since he started a couple of months ago, people who were there for years with FT positions lost their jobs and all their benefits all to save a little money.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes!! It was! Good call. I have been with them for a couple of years.... I got pregnant with this baby and have been really sick as hell with morning sickness... Well I ended up in the hospital for dehydration and really low electrolytes... Come back to work and BAM.

Quoting Irish_mama_2011:

deadlights86
by Platinum Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 8:29 AM
Hmm guess my dh is lucky. He's missed like 10 days and hasn't gotten fired.
BeAuTiFuL.BLiSs
by Platinum Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 8:30 AM

So, even after you called them and told them what's going on and could provide documentation, they still fired you?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 5, 2014 at 8:31 AM
2 moms liked this

I would consider that any meaningful person who knew I was in the hospital for 5 days... Wouldn't fire me when I got back to work. It wasn't like I was off lolly ganting and I would have prefered to be at work then in a hospital.

Quoting Foolynroo2:

I don't know about your situation, but sometimes jobs can't afford to care, when dealing with a high volume of absences.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 5, 2014 at 8:32 AM

yep. My manager said he really didn't want to but that our store manager was giving him no choice.
Thye have the paper work and everytihng.

Quoting BeAuTiFuL.BLiSs:

So, even after you called them and told them what's going on and could provide documentation, they still fired you?

LokisMama
by Platinum Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 8:32 AM

I think some managers don't care.

When I worked for them, if I even had my phone on the sales floor, I got in trouble.

I went to a different store to go get my hair cut about a week ago, and watched a door greeter sit on a bench and play on her cell phone for over an hour.  She didn't actually greet anyone, and she totally ignored the door alarm. 

That shit would have gotten me fired on the spot.

Quoting deadlights86: Hmm guess my dh is lucky. He's missed like 10 days and hasn't gotten fired.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)