Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How many unvaccinated kids in the U.S. die each day from "preventable diseases"?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Truly curious.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 5, 2014 at 9:26 AM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 5, 2014 at 9:39 AM
You would think we would hear about this more often if it was truly as rampant as some CMers make it out to be.

Quoting beautifulrockyy: My mom didn't vaccinate any of us & were still alive & well. & my baby isn't vaccinated or my sisters & they are the healthiest babies. So I guess a small amount of babies die. It might also depend on where you live.
TrouserMouse
by on Jan. 5, 2014 at 9:40 AM
The only place I have seen stats regarding vaxed and not vaxed is on the CDC website regarding the effectiveness of flu vaccine each year. Other than that, I haven't dove into it.

If I had to guess, flu and chicken pox would claim the highest death rates of unvaccinated children. Most of the deaths occur in vaccinated children that were high risk due to other health issues.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 5, 2014 at 9:41 AM

Reading comprehension obviously ins't your strong suite.

I never said small pox and polio weren't a big deal.

I simply said these illnesses were on a steep and steady decline LONG before the vaccine was introduced (which means the vaccines are useless).

Quoting Anonymous: Because small pox and polio were no big deal in American history lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Depends where they live.

In 3rd world countries they die all the time. But that's not because they are unvaccinated. It's because they don't have proper sanitation, clean water, etc.

Unvaccinated children living in industrialized nations very rarely get sick.

The childhood illnesses we vaccinate against were on a steep and steady decline long before the vaccine was ever introduced, thanks to things like proper sanitation, better personal hygiene, etc. 

beautifulrockyy
by on Jan. 5, 2014 at 9:42 AM
The women on here are so damn dramatic I don't even pay attention to them.

Quoting Anonymous: You would think we would hear about this more often if it was truly as rampant as some CMers make it out to be.

Quoting beautifulrockyy: My mom didn't vaccinate any of us & were still alive & well. & my baby isn't vaccinated or my sisters & they are the healthiest babies. So I guess a small amount of babies die. It might also depend on where you live.
Foolynroo2
by Emerald Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 9:44 AM

My guess would be - not many.

Most disease that peoplare refusing to vaccinate against aren't prevalent.

however we are seeing that change and unfortunatley with that  death toll to rise.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 5, 2014 at 9:45 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes. We are the most sick we have ever been. Yet medicine is at a all time high. This should tell people something.

Quoting Foolynroo2:

however we are seeing that change and unfortunatley with that  death toll to rise.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 5, 2014 at 9:46 AM
1 mom liked this
After the polio vaccine was introduced the disease took an 85% decline. If you'd like to thank clean water go for it but I'd like to give a shout out to Dr Jonas Salk for virtually eradicating Polio from the US

Quoting Anonymous:

Reading comprehension obviously ins't your strong suite.

I never said small pox and polio weren't a big deal.

I simply said these illnesses were on a steep and steady decline LONG before the vaccine was introduced (which means the vaccines are useless).

Quoting Anonymous: Because small pox and polio were no big deal in American history lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Depends where they live.

In 3rd world countries they die all the time. But that's not because they are unvaccinated. It's because they don't have proper sanitation, clean water, etc.

Unvaccinated children living in industrialized nations very rarely get sick.

The childhood illnesses we vaccinate against were on a steep and steady decline long before the vaccine was ever introduced, thanks to things like proper sanitation, better personal hygiene, etc. 

Foolynroo2
by Emerald Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 9:47 AM

I don't think we as a country are the most sick we have ever been, that's a completly false statement. IMO

Quoting Anonymous: Yes. We are the most sick we have ever been. Yet medicine is at a all time high. This should tell people something.

Quoting Foolynroo2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 5, 2014 at 9:54 AM

I agree with the other Anon. Vaccines don't prevent illness. Technology and information did. We are healthier thanks to proper sanitation, learning how to clean our hands properly, learning how to clean food properly and having access to a good health care system for when we do become ill.

Here are just a FEW graphs, there are HUNDREDS if you look up the information.

And don't forget to check the sources at the bottom of each graph to show that the information is legitimate.

momto2boys973
by Ruby Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 9:59 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

according to the CDC 98% of kids under 5 are fully vaxed....wheres the increase in nonvaxed? THere isnt'...it's simply a media hype to get everyone up in arms

Quoting momto2boys973: Since the increase innon-vaccinated children is a fairly recent phenomenon, it's possible there's no reliable data available yet.

Hence the comment that it's a fairly recent phenomenon. It's just beginning. It's also not a widespread phenomenon, it's fairly localized in few States, mostly States that allow for philosophical exemptions.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)