Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How many unvaccinated kids in the U.S. die each day from "preventable diseases"?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Truly curious.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 5, 2014 at 9:26 AM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 5, 2014 at 10:26 AM

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 5, 2014 at 10:29 AM

You're wrong.

That 85% decline was between the years 1951 and 1955.

THEN the vaccine was introduced in 1956 when the death rate for Polio was already close to zero.

Look it up.

Quoting Anonymous: After the polio vaccine was introduced the disease took an 85% decline. If you'd like to thank clean water go for it but I'd like to give a shout out to Dr Jonas Salk for virtually eradicating Polio from the US

Quoting Anonymous:

Reading comprehension obviously ins't your strong suite.

I never said small pox and polio weren't a big deal.

I simply said these illnesses were on a steep and steady decline LONG before the vaccine was introduced (which means the vaccines are useless).

Quoting Anonymous: Because small pox and polio were no big deal in American history lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Depends where they live.

In 3rd world countries they die all the time. But that's not because they are unvaccinated. It's because they don't have proper sanitation, clean water, etc.

Unvaccinated children living in industrialized nations very rarely get sick.

The childhood illnesses we vaccinate against were on a steep and steady decline long before the vaccine was ever introduced, thanks to things like proper sanitation, better personal hygiene, etc. 

PinkButterfly66
by Ruby Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 10:31 AM

I grew up in the 60's and 70's and was only vaccinated against small pox, polio, diptheria and pertussis.  I contracted chicken pox, measles and rubella as child before there was a vaccine.  In fact every kid that I grew up with came down with the chicken pox, measles and rubella.  As for the mumps, I never came down with it as far as I know.    Guess what? I survived without all those vaxes. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 5, 2014 at 10:31 AM

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 5, 2014 at 10:32 AM

i had rubella in '64...developed juvie arthritis cuz of it, and now the arthritis is back with a vengeance...my rubella titers are a 98% STILL...

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

I grew up in the 60's and 70's and was only vaccinated against small pox, polio, diptheria and pertussis.  I contracted chicken pox, measles and rubella as child before there was a vaccine.  In fact every kid that I grew up with came down with the chicken pox, measles and rubella.  As for the mumps, I never came down with it as far as I know.    Guess what? I survived without all those vaxes. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 5, 2014 at 10:32 AM

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 5, 2014 at 10:33 AM

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 5, 2014 at 10:33 AM

We are the most obese we have been in history which causes more illness than anything.  Vaccinations are not evil but they are also not right for everyone.  

Quoting Anonymous: Yes. We are the most sick we have ever been. Yet medicine is at a all time high. This should tell people something.

Quoting Foolynroo2:

My guess would be - not many.

Most disease that peoplare refusing to vaccinate against aren't prevalent.

however we are seeing that change and unfortunatley with that  death toll to rise.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 5, 2014 at 10:35 AM
Right now, the amount of kids / people that are vaccinated still surpass the amount not getting vaccinated. So herd immunity is protecting the unvaccinated. However, as the trend towards non-vaccinating increases, the herd immunity will not do its job making the return of diseases more likely.

Look into the return of measles in Wales. That is one of the areas that was most deeply affected by Wakefield's bogus study about autism and vaccines. It took about 16 years of the vaccine rate steadily dropping to see measles return at a level considered an epidemic.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 5, 2014 at 10:35 AM
Remember, the FDA (food AND drug administration) controls our FOOD and PHARMACEUTICALS. Just think about that for a bit.

Quoting Anonymous: We are the most obese we have been in history which causes more illness than anything.  Vaccinations are not evil but they are also not right for everyone.  Quoting Anonymous: Yes. We are the most sick we have ever been. Yet medicine is at a all time high. This should tell people something.

Quoting Foolynroo2:

My guess would be - not many.

Most disease that peoplare refusing to vaccinate against aren't prevalent.

however we are seeing that change and unfortunatley with that  death toll to rise.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured