Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would this hurt your feelings?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 55 Replies

My sister in law (my brother's wife of 25 years) is constantly taking my sister's child to fun places and posting pictures all over facebook. My brother and sister in law have 2 boys. My daughter is  the same age as my niece but she never offers to take her anywhere. I don't care that she takes my niece because I'm sure she has a good reason but I hate that she posts these pictures. She takes her to movies, amusement parks, etc. My kids see these pictures and always asks why their aunt doesn't take them. I have asked my sister in law and she said it is because she feels like my sister doesn't do anything fun with my niece so she does it instead. I don't have the time or money to do anything with my kids, either. Like I said, I am happy my niece gets to go have fun but I am tired of seeing it every day.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 5, 2014 at 9:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 5, 2014 at 10:16 AM

BUMP!

Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 10:17 AM

Not really.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 5, 2014 at 10:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes, it would bother me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 5, 2014 at 10:18 AM
1 mom liked this
No. But I gave up on people years ago.
abbyjm2013
by Silver Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 10:19 AM
That would bother me
brenda025
by Bronze Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 10:21 AM

Not really, because you have more than one kid and there is only one niece, in the long run it is cheaper for her to just take the one child instead of 2-3 Plus her own

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 5, 2014 at 10:21 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes. I hate seeing one child favored so blatantly. I would be honest with her and explain how it hurts your child's feelings. she doesn't have to take your children out as well, but if she doesn't then I just proves that it has nothing to do with the other child mother. It has to do with the fact that the aunt avors one child
suzanneyea
by on Jan. 5, 2014 at 10:21 AM

No, of my kids want to do something fun, they do it with me and my husband.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 5, 2014 at 10:22 AM
no
imthatgirl0607
by Ruby Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 10:26 AM

No.

Sometimes you're just really close to someone and want to be with them. For whatever reason she doesn't feel that bond with your child. Maybe try bonding a little more.

I have one niece that I spend far more time with them the others. I'm just really connected to her. If that hurts someones feeling s then thats silly. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN