Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I was abused for 8 years

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
I left almost 5 years ago and now I am disabled my back has two torn discs in my back and a bulging disc pressing on the root of a nerve, on the left side of my back and now the right side of my back has gone out. I have complex post traumatic stress disorder, depression and severe anxiety. He stalked me for 2 years after I left him.

All I can think now is I am 30 years old and within the next 10 years someone is going to have to care for me. I have multiple other things wrong that have nothing to do with the abuse. I don't want to live like that, I don't want someone to care for me.

Im sorry I just needed to get this out.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 5, 2014 at 12:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bluescorpia
by Shanoon on Jan. 5, 2014 at 12:57 PM
Why did it take you that long to leave him?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 5, 2014 at 1:00 PM
I was scared and I honestly thought he would change. Plus I had no where to go every time I called a shelter they didn't have any openings

Quoting Bluescorpia: Why did it take you that long to leave him?
JackieGirl007
by Ruby Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 1:00 PM
1 mom liked this

So sorry love:(

Don't give up on your body, your mind is VERY powerful in healing. It's like when you think about eating something really sour and your mouth starts watering really bad, THAT is how powerful your thoughts are, directly impacting your body, so be positive and healing will take place. Same with the depression and anxiety, aslo yoga is great. All is not lost!

Hugs

Bluescorpia
by Shanoon on Jan. 5, 2014 at 1:03 PM
I am sorry you had to put up with that long. After I left my kids' father(who was very abusive) it took another 4 years to get out of his hold over me.

Quoting Anonymous: I was scared and I honestly thought he would change. Plus I had no where to go every time I called a shelter they didn't have any openings

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 5, 2014 at 1:08 PM
1 mom liked this

You're a strong woman. Be proud. You've overcome so much. You're a true survivor. Try not to let what may happen in the future bring you down. You may find you're body is a strong as your spirit. Hugs to you. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 5, 2014 at 2:21 PM
I still struggle with that from time to time. I find myself asking what am I doing. I am glad you got away from your abuser.

Quoting Bluescorpia: I am sorry you had to put up with that long. After I left my kids' father(who was very abusive) it took another 4 years to get out of his hold over me.

Quoting Anonymous: I was scared and I honestly thought he would change. Plus I had no where to go every time I called a shelter they didn't have any openings

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 5, 2014 at 2:21 PM
Thank you I don't feel strong

Quoting Anonymous:

You're a strong woman. Be proud. You've overcome so much. You're a true survivor. Try not to let what may happen in the future bring you down. You may find you're body is a strong as your spirit. Hugs to you. 

Bluescorpia
by Shanoon on Jan. 5, 2014 at 2:24 PM
It was a long process. It takes many years to wash away the mental abuse.

Quoting Anonymous: I still struggle with that from time to time. I find myself asking what am I doing. I am glad you got away from your abuser.

Quoting Bluescorpia: I am sorry you had to put up with that long. After I left my kids' father(who was very abusive) it took another 4 years to get out of his hold over me.

BEXi
by BEXi on Jan. 5, 2014 at 2:25 PM
Prayers and good thoughts
abrine7673
by Awesome Possum on Jan. 5, 2014 at 2:25 PM
I'm sorry
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)