Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

IT WONT GO AWAY!!! pic added

Posted by on Jan. 5, 2014 at 9:42 PM
  • 60 Replies

my son has been diagnosed with pityriasis rosea. he has had it off and on since august. we have cream that we put on it *steriod cream* and he also has attarax for the extreme itchyiness. but it wont go away!! we think its gone away but then it returns. i dont know what to do for him. ugh!!!

this is his side. its all over his back and groin area *he is constantly scratching down there* and his stomach

by on Jan. 5, 2014 at 9:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
katzmeow726
by on Jan. 5, 2014 at 9:43 PM

go back and talk to the doctor about trying a different treatment. 

elizabeth.mary
by on Jan. 5, 2014 at 9:45 PM
Rosacea doesn't ever actually go away. Its genetic. We're Scottish and a lot of the men in my family have it. Its really not a big deal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
silverdawn99
by Ruby Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 9:45 PM

we are if its not gone in february

i dont know what else there is that they can do. i dont want him taking oral steriods *we went down that road before the dermatologists and it wasnt pretty*

Quoting katzmeow726:

go back and talk to the doctor about trying a different treatment. 

NBean311
by Chivette on Jan. 5, 2014 at 9:45 PM

I had it year before last, from about April to December. It cleared up without warning and never came back. Sun and steroid cream helped, but nothing cured it. It just disappeared. 

I hope he gets better soon! 

silverdawn99
by Ruby Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 9:46 PM

it is for him because it itches ALOT. He will scratch himself raw if he doesnt take attarax daily. it looks like he is broke out with a shit ton of ringworms which they are not ringworms. and its all over his upper torso and groin area

Quoting elizabeth.mary: Rosacea doesn't ever actually go away. Its genetic. We're Scottish and a lot of the men in my family have it. Its really not a big deal.

silverdawn99
by Ruby Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 9:47 PM

thank you

the sun we tried and it helped a little but now its -30 with the windchill so that is a no go :(

Quoting NBean311:

I had it year before last, from about April to December. It cleared up without warning and never came back. Sun and steroid cream helped, but nothing cured it. It just disappeared. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 5, 2014 at 9:47 PM

She isn't talking about rosacea. Pityriasis rosea is a rash that occurs in young adults, and the cause is generally unknown, making it very difficult to treat.

Quoting elizabeth.mary: Rosacea doesn't ever actually go away. Its genetic. We're Scottish and a lot of the men in my family have it. Its really not a big deal.

silverdawn99
by Ruby Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 9:48 PM

:) thank you for explaining it to her better :)

Quoting Anonymous:

She isn't talking about rosacea. Pityriasis rosea is a rash that occurs in young adults, and the cause is generally unknown, making it very difficult to treat.

NBean311
by Chivette on Jan. 5, 2014 at 9:49 PM

I hate to promote tanning, but I actually went to a tanning bed once or twice when it was getting bad during the winter and it kept it at bay. I feel for you both, it's so frustrating. It covered the full length of my back. 

Quoting silverdawn99:

thank you

the sun we tried and it helped a little but now its -30 with the windchill so that is a no go :(

Quoting NBean311:

silverdawn99
by Ruby Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 10:00 PM
I don't think it is allowed here

Quoting NBean311:

I hate to promote tanning, but I actually went to a tanning bed once or twice when it was getting bad during the winter and it kept it at bay. I feel for you both, it's so frustrating. It covered the full length of my back. 

Quoting silverdawn99:

thank you

Quoting NBean311:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)