Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I think my husband is taking my money..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies

Well I know he is. Over the holidays we received cash as gifts from a few people. It first started with his grandma sent us $275 for his birthday and our christmas as well as the kids. I actually was able to use mine for getting my hair done and a pair of jeans, even though he was reluctant.

Next, we get $100 each from my grandma. I spent 20 of mine on something I wanted and I havent seen the rest since. She also gave me a check for $200 to get contacts.

My other grandma gave our family of 4 $50 each, and there is one $50 bill left. I know what he is spending it on.. we went on vacation for 2 weeks and he used it when we went out to eat, or bought something he paid with the cash we had received.

I feel kind of like this isnt fair. The money was given to each of us, not to put all together and use for things we use our own money for. We have money so its not like we needed the extra we got, but i would have liked to have my own money to go out and spend and use the kids money to buy them something of their own. What do you think?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 5, 2014 at 9:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 5, 2014 at 9:54 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 5, 2014 at 9:58 PM
I guess im not following. He did use it on family stuff...vacation expenses. What am i missing?
wymama610
by Gold Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 9:58 PM
2 moms liked this

If you have money, just replace it. Take the kids, get them what they want. Buy yourself what you want. Not understanding the problem here.......

mrs_patterson
by Bronze Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 10:00 PM

This. If you have money, then it's not an issue, right? If it was "extra money" I'd understand you being upset... 

Quoting wymama610:

If you have money, just replace it. Take the kids, get them what they want. Buy yourself what you want. Not understanding the problem here.......

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 10:01 PM
Smh
dmarie2101
by Ruby Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 10:02 PM

me neither. if you didnt have any money, then that would be different. but you said you did. so spend it on what you want. its no different.

Quoting wymama610:

LeslieandBerlyn
by Silver Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 10:03 PM
3 moms liked this
What's the issue? The way I see it is all money is family money.
anotherhalf
by on Jan. 5, 2014 at 10:04 PM
Pettiness.
The.Last.Rebel
by Gold Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 10:06 PM
1 mom liked this

There's no mine and ours here so no advice.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

ChewyBrownies
by Platinum Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 10:07 PM
Why is she sending so much money? Why are you upset? I'm confused.what's the problem?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)