Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Having An Issue With DS'S Teacher-WWYD?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 97 Replies

Ok so we just moved and my son was transferred to a new school, so he has a new teacher. He is 8.

The first day back was this past Monday for the kids there. He goes to a private school so idk if it's different anywhere else. We also live in England, not the US, but have lived in the US before.

Anyways. My son is named Aron. Pronounced "A Ron" As in, the letter A, followed by the name Ron. Aron.

This damn teacher keeps telling me his name is, and calling my son, Aaron!

My son's name is NOT Aaron. It's ARON.

She kept telling me I am uneducated and even implied his name is ghetto. Excuse me? I see nothing ghetto about his name.

It's only been a week but after the first couple days of her calling him Aaron, I went up there and spoke with her, which is when she said those things and implied his name is ghetto.

I mean I could see the misunderstanding if his name was SPELLED Aaron. But it's not. It's Aron. She just kept telling me Aron is not a proper name and she will call him Aaron, not Aron. Bloody hell, this teacher has a stick up her bum or something.

I'm going to bring this up to the headmaster this week. School is not in session tomorrow but when he goes back I am taking it up with the headmaster there and raising a wretched fit about this ignorant teacher not saying my baby's name correctly.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 5, 2014 at 9:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 9:56 PM

Best of luck. Weird the teacher tells you your child names

gramattmom
by Silver Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 9:59 PM

I would take it up with them too, its not the teachers choice to say what your sons name should be. She should call him by what his name is not what she wants!! Good luck momma

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 5, 2014 at 9:59 PM
7 moms liked this
Why the heck would you name him Aron.. ? Honestly, it does sound ghetto..
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 5, 2014 at 10:00 PM

They say 'ghetto' in England?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 5, 2014 at 10:02 PM
6 moms liked this
Did you ever see Keen and Peele "The Substitute"? A-A-ron.

Hilarious!
MaggieO
by Bronze Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 10:03 PM

The teacher is showing a lack of respect for your son and you by refusing to call him by the name he was given.  The fact that she insulted you is unacceptable.  Definitely discuss this with the Headmaster.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 5, 2014 at 10:03 PM

I have lived in the US so I have heard it before. When she said it I was a bit caught off guard but just assumed quickly she maybe was from the states. She does almost sound like she has an American accent.

Quoting Anonymous:

They say 'ghetto' in England?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 5, 2014 at 10:03 PM

??

Quoting Anonymous: Did you ever see Keen and Peele "The Substitute"? A-A-ron.

Hilarious!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 5, 2014 at 10:04 PM
Its on youtube.

Quoting Anonymous: ??Quoting Anonymous: Did you ever see Keen and Peele "The Substitute"? A-A-ron.

Hilarious!
xoch86
by Gold Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 10:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Yah, I would get real "ghetto" on her ass, and tell ur son to ignore her when she calls him Aaron. If he gets sent to the headmaster, good! I'm pretty sure he will agree that the teacher is being extremely disrespectful and ridiculous. 

Make sure u give the headmaster an earful too, so action is taken against this teacher

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured