Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't know. Am I a bad mom

So, since I buy my kids clothes at consignment stores and goodwill.. My family thinks that I don't care about how they look since I buy poor people clothes for my kids. It really hurts my feeling since I can't really afford new clothes for them. And I don't see buying brand new clothes since they grow out of them so fast. What do you all think am I bad mom because I shop at consignment stores and goodwill for my kids clothes??

by on Jan. 5, 2014 at 11:54 PM
Replies (11-20):
akasha_ice5
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 12:04 AM
1 mom liked this

Loving and taking care of your kids is all that matters - NOT the kind of clothes they wear.

o.O....
by Cara on Jan. 6, 2014 at 12:06 AM
1 mom liked this
I get a ton of my kids clothes from Once Upon A Child. They're always in great condition and I'm getting brand name clothes for a fraction of the cost. My kids have never complained.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 6, 2014 at 12:06 AM

Tell them that they may have money, but they certainly don't have any class.....and if they continue to insist on being rude by continuing to comment on your clothing choices for your children that you won't be seeing them anymore.

Quoting connorsmom2009:

Quoting Anonymous:

Of course not. So is your family well off or something?

Yes, they are. Me and dh are the only 'poor' people in our family. And my family likes to remind us that we are poor. 

Angeliquer13
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 12:07 AM
4 moms liked this
Tell them to dish out some money since they the ones complaning
Vmiller2008
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 12:07 AM
Of course not. Hey, a friend of mine put me on to that too. Although I haven't purchased anything for my boys yet, I'm certainly not against it and don't think shopping there makes u a bad person.

Tell your family to go scratch in a corner somewhere.
susannah2000
by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 12:07 AM

It makes you a smart mother, as said, who saves money where you can. Kids grow so fast, and it's ridiculous to spend a ton of money on their clothes.  Furthermore, especially with kids' clothes, since they do outgrow them quickly, second hand clothes are often just as good as new, if not in fact new. If the clothes are clean, in good shape and your kids look pulled together, they will look just fine, no matter if you got the clothes at Goodwill.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jan. 6, 2014 at 12:08 AM
1 mom liked this

Not at all. You can find some great deals at those stores.

Good thing you poofed your other post

Angeliquer13
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 12:08 AM
Me to !

Quoting o.O....: I get a ton of my kids clothes from Once Upon A Child. They're always in great condition and I'm getting brand name clothes for a fraction of the cost. My kids have never complained.
jesssanate
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 12:09 AM
I hit thrift, ross, marshalls, target, Wal-Mart. It isn't always about brand.. we all like what we look good in.
AllofFive19
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 12:09 AM

You're a smart mom.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)