Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't know. Am I a bad mom

So, since I buy my kids clothes at consignment stores and goodwill.. My family thinks that I don't care about how they look since I buy poor people clothes for my kids. It really hurts my feeling since I can't really afford new clothes for them. And I don't see buying brand new clothes since they grow out of them so fast. What do you all think am I bad mom because I shop at consignment stores and goodwill for my kids clothes??

by on Jan. 5, 2014 at 11:54 PM
Replies (21-30):
Ricanmami88
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 12:11 AM
Hun that does not make you a bad mom plus you can't tell where you got it from unless there is a logo, hey goodwill has some nice clothes, even brand name ones, i have nice clothes from there, and im not ashamed of saying it
Momtogirls0823
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 12:11 AM

No, I would say you are a smart mom who knows how to save money.  They are being major jerks.  Just keep doing what you're doing and don't let them get to you.  :)

holyhoola
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 12:11 AM
1 mom liked this
What post? *dangling*

Quoting Sassy762:

Not at all. You can find some great deals at those stores.

Good thing you poofed your other post

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 6, 2014 at 12:12 AM
If you are then I am too. To hell with what they think.
briellesmomma
by Velvet on Jan. 6, 2014 at 12:14 AM
Lmao

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm gonna pop some tags..

kewimom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 12:14 AM
Sounds smart to me, they grow out of them so fast. You can get more for your money, Heck even Disney channel has been promoting "upcycling". Kids can make it their own.
super123momma
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 12:15 AM
My son most wears hammy downs and he's my only child and if you family has such a problem with it they can buy your kids cloths smh as long as their happy warm and healthy. Id same your the best mom for them.
Valentina327
by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 12:19 AM
Would be a much nicer thing to do to help out rather than criticize....I love when family looks down their nose at their own relatives. We catch enuf crap from the outside world...family should help, not berate.
connorsmom2009
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 12:20 AM

BUMP!

markswife03
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 12:21 AM
Your family sound like jerks. I wouldn't be spending much time with them.

I don't NEED to buy used clothes for my kids but I enjoy doing so, especially for the younger kids. If you saw them, you would never be able to tell. I don't buy crap.

I can relax when they are wearing inexpensive clothing since I'm not stressing that they are ruining an outfit I payed a lot of money for.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)