Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't know. Am I a bad mom

So, since I buy my kids clothes at consignment stores and goodwill.. My family thinks that I don't care about how they look since I buy poor people clothes for my kids. It really hurts my feeling since I can't really afford new clothes for them. And I don't see buying brand new clothes since they grow out of them so fast. What do you all think am I bad mom because I shop at consignment stores and goodwill for my kids clothes??

by on Jan. 5, 2014 at 11:54 PM
Replies (41-50):
Funerary
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 4:24 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Mobile Photo

The jeans were bought off craigslist and sweater bought from a goodwill.

Is this your dd... how old?

Mommy2One11
by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 4:25 AM
1 mom liked this

Absolutely NOT! You're right! They grow out of them so quickly and sometimes it is just not worth the money to buy brand new, especially if you cannot afford it. I feel bad sometimes too that the clothes I have gotten my son were from second hand stores or handed down. But the truth is, if you had to buy everything brand new, kids would be worse off because they would probably be starving!

You are NOT a bad mom by any means! You are saving money so that you can spend the money on the things they really need!

Chirinos
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 4:50 AM
No your not a bad mom. I get most of my boys clothes at garage sales. I totally agree with you they grow out of them to fast to buy new.
ElleLuvsOrchids
by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 5:04 AM

I don't think so.

wonderstruck11
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 5:06 AM
Your family is a bunch of dicks. Nothing wrong with Goodwill.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2014 at 5:06 AM

As long as their clothes match and are clean/not ripped/not stained, then I hunk it's ok.

JenB1983
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 5:12 AM

I <3 Goodwill.  And consignment stores.  And all other thrift stores.  While I could afford to buy all brand new clothes for my kiddos, why bother?  They grow so dang fast, and(my boys especially) are so rough on their clothes! I can get more for my money shopping second hand.  I don't buy them stained or destroyed junk, but nice clothes with tons of life left in them.

Hell, my entire maternity wardrobe came from second hand stores.  Lol. So has most of my current wardrobe.  What can I say?  I'm a cheap ass. :-P

pbjbarr
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 7:38 AM
I buy them clothes at tag sales. Name brand, good shape, ยข25-$1 each
sexymamatoone
by Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 7:40 AM

That doesnt make u a bad mom. it makes u a smart mom. I buy most of my kids stuff at either goodwill, garage sales, resale shops, or clearance racks. i dont see anything wrong with it. Tell them if they dont like where you buy their stuff then to start footing the bill for it. 

shygurl3166
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 7:41 AM
No that does not make you a bad mom. Lol if they think that makes you a bad mom they should ask a foster kid how bad their parents were.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)