Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

When did you stop doing this with your kids? Or do you still do it?**EDIT**

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 2:48 AM
  • 867 Replies
3 moms liked this

Checking on them at night, that is. Do you still check on them at night before you go to bed?

My MIL checked on DH and his brother before she went to bed every night until they were almost teens. She now does it with our kids when we go to visit and stay with them.

No, it doesn't bother me, I just think its odd. FIL always makes a big deal about the fact that she still checks on the kids-he almost acts like that makes her a spectacular mother because she does it.

Yes, when they were infants I would check on them. If my kids are sick I check on them several times a night. The few times one of them had a fall and hit their head, I would wake them up to check pupils(neurotic yes, and yes I know what I am doing) If I happen to go upstairs for some reason after they are in bed, yes I open their door and peek inside.

IDK, MIL kind of looked at me weird when I told her I do not check on them every night. I personally don't know another parent who does after the baby stage.

What about you? When did you stop checking on them?

***DANG LADIES!!!!! I posted this the other night while not being able to sleep. I went to bed and haven't been back on since. When I left I think I was at maybe 40 replies! I had no idea this would be such a popular post!***

**EDIT**

I am in no way saying checking on them is wrong, I am also not saying that not checking on them is right either. I am not trying to question any ones choices on why they do/ do not do this. It was a simple question. If you choose to see more in the question then what was intended, that is on you.

by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 2:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommy2Phenley
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 2:49 AM
Still checking at 1.5 and 5.5.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2014 at 2:50 AM
7 moms liked this
My dd is turning 15 this month and I still check on her sometimes.
alexsmomma06
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 2:51 AM
1 mom liked this

Every single night? Do you plan on stopping at some point?

Quoting Mommy2Phenley: Still checking at 1.5 and 5.5.

Mocha.Maya.Me
by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 2:51 AM
30 moms liked this

I still do it, if they are at home regardless of age and marriage, I can't help but peek in and make sure they are breathing.  LMAO

alexsmomma06

Occasionally I get. But every single night seems odd to me.

Quoting Anonymous: My dd is turning 15 this month and I still check on her sometimes.

wonderstruck11
We have a video baby monitor so I can check on her whenever. It broke yesterday though :-(
falloutboy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 2:52 AM
Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't...

Your DT avi is the sexiest. Nommm.
jmart18255
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 2:52 AM
18 moms liked this

i dont have to check on them because one by one my younger ones end up in my room i go to sleep with no one in the room and wake up with 3 little bodies scattered on my floor they are 12,11,11 and sometimes even my 15 year old will end up on the floor too.

alexsmomma06
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 2:53 AM
8 moms liked this

Aren't you ever afraid of catching them doing something? Personally, I would be ticked off if my mother checked on me and my husband after we went to bed.

Quoting Mocha.Maya.Me:

I still do it, if they are at home regardless of age and marriage, I can't help but peek in and make sure they are breathing.  LMAO

beerabitch69
by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 2:53 AM
2 moms liked this

nope, I do my good nights and that's it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)