Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is there such a thing as getting in to a relationship too fast?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
Is it based on whether you have kids or not? I always hear of stories where everything went super fast and they have been together forever.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2014 at 7:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2014 at 7:43 AM
Well obviously don't move in with your kids and the guy after a week :/
gypsy_rose
by Kandy on Jan. 6, 2014 at 7:44 AM

-shrugs- DH and I have been together 4 years now. We moved in together after our second date. I had one kid he had 3 (and he had custody of them). He needed a baby sitter the next day  I stayed so I could watch them at 2 am when he had to leave. Ended up never leaving. We have been married for 3 years and have a son together.

Our family is close and no one considers anyone "step or Half" anything.

For information please click the ribbon. 

my son and I have something known as Nerofibromatosis. This illness causes tumors to grow within our bodies. I currently have brain tumors which affects my ability to function 100% normaly. My memory is poor as is my spelling and grammar abilities. It is a part of who my youngest is and a part of who I am. It is not all of ether of us.

My husbands best friends brother has a condition known as tuberous sclerosis. He was supposed to have died at a very young age. He is now close to 30 and still alive. He has had a few brain surgeries and has had to have his shunt replaced a few times. They run a program to help people with this condition. This ribbon will take you to their website where information on TS is located. 

gypsy_rose
by Kandy on Jan. 6, 2014 at 7:52 AM

Dh with the Kiddos

Me with the kids

us on our wedding day

Us on a day where my illness realy caught up to me at his cousins wedding. I was their video person so I could not just miss it. Their first video person said they could not do it the day before. 

ncbirdie
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 7:54 AM

Yes, there absolutely is.  But it also really depends on the people in the couple.  DH and I got hooked up on a blind date.  Two and a half months later we're married.  We've been married for 6 years now and I'm more in love with him today than when we said "I do."

My sister had been dating her boyfriend for almost a year before they got married.  She got married because he was getting stationed in Guam and she didn't want to wait around 18 months for him to come back.  They're divorced.

When my sister got married, everyone was telling her to wait.  I can't tell you how many times she heard "If he's really the one, then he'll be the one in 18 months."  When I got married, everyone was supportive (except my sister who didn't realize that we'd been talking marriage before I got pregnant; she just saw me getting married because I was pregnant).

thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 7:55 AM
Of course
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PookaboosMom
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 8:00 AM
Yes. That being said I moved in with Dh 2 months after we met, and we married another 4 months after that. Been married 8 years now.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2014 at 8:05 AM
Yes. I've been with SO for 7 months. We moved in together 1 month after dating...I'm moving out next month. Nothing bad happened or anything. We get along great, have great sex, have a lot of fun but we're not in love. Meh
Jennyanne322
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 8:09 AM
Yes there is, especially when children are involved.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured