Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The dilema: Update

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 8:15 AM
  • 35 Replies

Poll

Question: What should I do?

Options:

Get my butt outta bed and start the day!

Screw it, go back to sleep!

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 44

View Results

***Before you read this and decide to bash my husband read the first couple of pages of posts*** This was supposed to be a dramaless post but apparently anyone can add drama to anything. If you are going to say something nasty as anon, don't bother, just move on trying to remember I am pregnant and your drama is not needed or appreciated. I swear nothing here can be light hearted.

I got up with the dh at 3am and got him off to work. Couldn't go back to sleep, now it is 7:15 and I am tired. I should be waking the kids up since they go back to school tomorrow but I think I am going back to sleep for a couple of hours.  BTW I am 6 months pregnant and didn't fall asleep til around 12:45 last night because of pain.

JOIN MY NEW GROUP SHIFTWORK.  FOR  SHIFTWORKERS AND WIFES OF SHIFTWORKERS

by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 8:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2014 at 8:16 AM
2 moms liked this
Is your husband not capable of taking care of himself in the morning?
mommy2zbg
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 8:17 AM

how old are your kids?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2014 at 8:17 AM

I would sleep.

I don't understand why they would need to get up now because they have to go to school tomorrow.

KJ786
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 8:18 AM
Sleep while you still can. The kids will wake you when they're up, I'm sure.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2014 at 8:19 AM
If they don't have to be at school until tomorrow, why are you waking them up? Go back to bed. And there's no way I'm getting up at 3am when I only fell asleep at 1245. Your husband could have handled this one by himself. :-)
AbbyTomsmom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 8:20 AM
1 mom liked this

I am very old fashioned and he has worked a lot of days straight lately making overtime so we can get what we need for the new baby.  He works shift work and just came off nights and only had one day between nights and going on days. I am a super light sleeper and wake up as soon as he moves. We have a hearing impaired child and she is in the next room and everytime she makes a sound I am up. So I let him sleep a few minutes longer and get his lunch ready and sometimes make him breakfast and coffee if he wants it which is rare. This morning I just threw instant oatmeal in his bag and a bowl along with his lunch.  He works hard so I can be with our kids so it is the least I can do and he doesn't expect it or demand and half the time tells me to go back to bed but he deserves it.

Anonymous: Is your husband not capable of taking care of himself in the morning?

AbbyTomsmom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 8:21 AM

8 & 6

Quoting mommy2zbg:

how old are your kids?

AbbyTomsmom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 8:22 AM

routine. They have been on break and stay up late and sleep in.  I didn't want it to be as hard tomorrow.

Quoting Anonymous:

I would sleep.

I don't understand why they would need to get up now because they have to go to school tomorrow.

TB78
by Tasha on Jan. 6, 2014 at 8:23 AM
Today is Monday. You're kids don't have school today or when you were writing this you really meant today because you are so exhausted. I would go back to sleep if I were you.
Schizomom91
by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 8:23 AM

When in doubt, sleep.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)