Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My Dragon Eggs Are Sweating!!! The Baby Has Arrived!!

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 1:50 PM
  • 459 Replies
54 moms liked this

I went to check on him. When he saw me, he hissed and popped the rest of the way out of the egg. 1 down, 14 to go :-D

Most of his body is out. He is a fast mover because it usually takes a few days. At this rate he'll be completely out in a few hours :-)

A Head Popped Through!!

This is the first guy to pop his head through and take a breath. It can be up to 3 days before he ventures all the way out. He's looking like he has daddy's coloring in the face though :-D

ETA #2

There have been quite a few questions so I'm going to try to quickly answer the most common ones. I am a reptile breeder by trade. It is how I'm able to be a SAHM. I've been breeding for 7 year. Other than beardies, I breed crested geckos, leopard geckos, gargoyle geckos, tibetan frog eyed geckos (the only person in a 200 miles radius. They are very difficult to breed), Jackson's Chameleon's (they give live birth), uromastyx, sandfish skinks, Argentine Tegu's, and ball pythons. My reptiles are intentionally bred off season when the demand for babies is at it's highest. These eggs will be my first hatchlings of all the species I bred this season.

This is my first clutch of the season and after exactly 60 days of incubation my bearded dragon eggs are showing their first signs of hatching...they're sweating! Well, 5 are anyway. My girl laid a clutch of 21 eggs. 5 of them were infertile and unfortunately one "miscarried" (I've got pics of that) so that left me 15 eggs for her first clutch...not too bad but we've seen better first clutches. Here are her 15 eggs!

And here is a look at some eggs sweating!

Now that the eggs are sweating it can be anywhere from a few hours to a few days before they pop their adorable little heads out. Once their heads are out it can be another 3 days before they venture all the way out. I'll be checking on them every few hours or so to check for progress. I'm So Excited!!!

ETA:

I was asked to show a size comparison. This picture is the egg next to a quarter. If you look closely, you can see the baby beardies snout pressed against the egg causing a deformity :-D

by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 1:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SnapIt
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 1:51 PM
1 mom liked this
So cool!!
Good luck with them
mandylynn88
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 1:54 PM
1 mom liked this
That is awesome.
mom2many747
by Momma Duck on Jan. 6, 2014 at 1:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you!

Quoting SnapIt: So cool!!
Good luck with them

cbk_mom3
by JayTayGma on Jan. 6, 2014 at 1:55 PM
3 moms liked this

Very interesting. Can't wait to see pics after they do hatch.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 6, 2014 at 1:55 PM
Da fuq?
Cool though.
lexiloo714
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 1:56 PM
How neat! You're selling them I assume? What are they like as pets?
HayKay0810
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 1:59 PM
1 mom liked this

I have always wanted to see one hatch 

white_wolf454
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 1:59 PM

fun

chendren1
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 2:00 PM
5 moms liked this
Cool. Post more pics as progresses. Is it weird I want to know what an dragon egg miscarriage looks like?
MelaniesMama
by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 2:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Thats super cool! You should post updated pics!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN