Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Are weddings supposed to have kid's menus??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 331 Replies
7 moms liked this

I was reading the vegan wedding thread and was surprised to see that some people said weddings are supposed to have kid's menus. I have never been to a wedding with one. I didn't have one at mine. Our caterer did a "children's plate", which was cheaper and a slightly smaller portion of what we were eating, but not special junk food. 

Maybe it's just me, but there's nothing about normal food that isn't kid-friendly. My kids don't need chicken fingers offered to them everywhere we go, especially if it's at a special occasion and they understand that it's going to be a "fancy" dinner. I don't expect my kids to be specially catered to.

What do you think?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2014 at 2:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Jan. 6, 2014 at 2:05 PM

My sister had a kids menu. 

lanceandhailey
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 2:06 PM
2 moms liked this

Never been to a wedding that had a kids menu, never heard of that....Besides, chicken nuggets, corn dogs, hot dogs, cheeseburgers, etc. are not exactly the healthiest for them to be eating.

Bertha21
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 2:06 PM
No I wouldn't think so.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lexa_Lee
by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 2:07 PM
5 moms liked this
I wasn't even going to have kids allowed at my wedding.
ButterMeUp
by Butters on Jan. 6, 2014 at 2:07 PM
I think that if you're going to have kids there then you should have a kids menu. We had chick-fil-a cater for the kids room.
smorgan865
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 2:07 PM
2 moms liked this
Supposed to? No I don't think so. Could they come? Sure. But I don't think they have to.
MzD3
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 2:07 PM

No

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2014 at 2:07 PM
25 moms liked this

People need to teach their kids to quit being so damn picky. I find it ridiculous the number of mothers on here that say they make two separate meals every night.

SnapIt
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 2:07 PM
3 moms liked this
I personally think kids shouldnt be at weddings because of these issues and the running about and sticking fingers in the cake and seating arrangements and parents not being able to enjoy a night out

So much easier without kids
lucydiamond
by LD on Jan. 6, 2014 at 2:07 PM
Nope. I don't want kids at my wedding.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)