Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

security deposit??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

Long story short we turned in our 30 days on November 19th, DH has talked to the PM a few times since and the PM still has not set up a move out inspection appointment! I have to unpack our lease from there to see if it specifies but I know they have 30 days to return the deposit, is that 30 days from the last day we "lived" there (meaning December 19th in this case, even though we were out sooner) or 30 days from the move out inspection??? We've had multiple issues with this house/PM/company and I really just want to get this done and over with for good!! But I don't want them to be walking all over us either.  We're in NC if it makes a difference.... What should my next step be?? I mean 30 days from our last day there is 12 days from now :/ 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 7, 2014 at 2:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 7, 2014 at 3:02 AM
Sorry I'm half asleep so I'm no help, but I'll try to give you a bump. GL getting things sorted out.
diaperstodating
by on Jan. 7, 2014 at 3:03 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 7, 2014 at 3:04 AM
I've always gotten my deposits within 30 days from my last official day living in the house, but we are in Oregon so it could be different.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 7, 2014 at 3:06 AM
I found this for you. It's 30 after you move out

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/north-carolina-security-deposits-36225.html
cwahtomy
by Silver Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 3:07 AM
I always thought it was 30 days from when the move out inspection. You'll have to find your lease or look up the info online if it is available.
Fields456
by Ruby Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 3:07 AM
I'm sure the laws vary by state but in Texas they have 30 days after you move out to either refund your deposit, give you and itemized list of repairs they spent it on or if imly done was used an itemized list plus the remaining refund check your state laws
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 7, 2014 at 3:08 AM

We have always gotten ours within like 3 weeks of the day we move out but always had move out inspection the last day there as well :/

Quoting Anonymous: I've always gotten my deposits within 30 days from my last official day living in the house, but we are in Oregon so it could be different.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 7, 2014 at 3:09 AM

Thanks :) wasn't sure if I was reading it wrong when I looked it up lol

Quoting Anonymous: I found this for you. It's 30 after you move out

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/north-carolina-security-deposits-36225.html

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 7, 2014 at 3:15 AM

Pp posted a link... 30 days after move out.. we've always done inspection on move out day and gotten refund/list and refund within 3 weeks... we've got 12 days left (minus weekends) before that 30 days is up...

Quoting Fields456: I'm sure the laws vary by state but in Texas they have 30 days after you move out to either refund your deposit, give you and itemized list of repairs they spent it on or if imly done was used an itemized list plus the remaining refund check your state laws

Fields456
by Ruby Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 3:19 AM
Good luck

Quoting Anonymous:

Pp posted a link... 30 days after move out.. we've always done inspection on move out day and gotten refund/list and refund within 3 weeks... we've got 12 days left (minus weekends) before that 30 days is up...

Quoting Fields456: I'm sure the laws vary by state but in Texas they have 30 days after you move out to either refund your deposit, give you and itemized list of repairs they spent it on or if imly done was used an itemized list plus the remaining refund check your state laws

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN