Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I hate that at my age i have to do this..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 52 Replies

I'm only 20 and have to carry a pen and little notebooks around kinda like the ones detectives use because of my medical problems that cause me to forget. Its get worse each day. First it started with "ah shit wheres the damn cars keys" "i swear i left them on the kitchen table" Only to have found them still in the car on the passenger seat (o.O). Now its at "(while driving to say Walmart where I've been 100000xs times) Oh shit am i going the right way " "Wait this doesn't look familiar" "Oh hell i think its the other way" When really i was going the right way all along.  Another thing is In my mind I'm thinking "Hey SO can you get the computer charger in the bedroom" But what i say and don't realize is "hey SO can you get the phone charger in the kitchen". You have no idea how many times i had to go and reread this because some words that i was thinking i didn't type down and simple forgot what word i was going to use. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 7, 2014 at 4:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CMcLaws
by Platinum Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 4:03 AM
That's not good, hun. Have you been checked out? That's not just a bad memory at only age 20.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 7, 2014 at 4:04 AM

Back in the summer they told me it was fibro. In november is when my memory got like this. I have head pain 24?7 i had a cat-scan done and it was fine. 

Quoting CMcLaws: That's not good, hun. Have you been checked out? That's not just a bad memory at only 20.

zboys
by Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 4:05 AM

Is it a medical condition?

MichelleJ1000
by Silver Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 4:05 AM
Exactly this.

Quoting CMcLaws: That's not good, hun. Have you been checked out? That's not just a bad memory at only age 20.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 7, 2014 at 4:07 AM

No. Doc told me in the summer fibro. In november is when my memory got this bad.

Quoting zboys:

zboys
by Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 4:08 AM

Did he say why it's that bad?

Quoting Anonymous:

No. Doc told me in the summer fibro. In november is when my memory got this bad.

Quoting zboys:

super123momma
by Silver Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 4:08 AM
Could it be old timers?
Scarlet_begonia
by Silver Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 4:08 AM
Have you ever been evaluated medical or otherwise? I honestly am not saying this in a bitchy way...i am the same way, going from why i walked into a room to trivia. I know, i just don't at the moment lol. I don't think i am ADHD as far as short term because i can focus if i want to... honestly just curious if you have been
CMcLaws
by Platinum Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 4:08 AM
I have similar memory problems and my doctor also suspects either fibro or MS. However memory problems run on my mom's side of the family. Not full Alzheimers, but as close as you can get. Either way, I can sympathize with you. :-(

Quoting Anonymous:

Back in the summer they told me it was fibro. In november is when my memory got like this. I have head pain 24?7 i had a cat-scan done and it was fine. 

Quoting CMcLaws: That's not good, hun. Have you been checked out? That's not just a bad memory at only 20.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 7, 2014 at 4:10 AM

Doc said depression but ive been depressed before in my early teens and i never had memory problems like this. 

Quoting zboys:

Did he say why it's that bad?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting zboys:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)