Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

H&R Block online how can you file taxes early when you don't have your forms?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies

I got an e-mail from H&R block about an offer that expires the 16th this month to start filing taxes for free. My job doesn't hand out the tax forms til the end of January. Unless this works for only entrepreneurs or people that have their own business?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 7, 2014 at 9:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 7, 2014 at 9:15 AM

Yeah,we won't even get my husbands tax stuff till very end of January.

dreamarrow
by Silver Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 9:18 AM
The company my SO works at sent him his forms within the first two weeks of January last year. He hasn't received them yet this year but a business does have till January 31st to get them to you.
I don't think you can file without your form because it has all the numbers you have to put in.
OneAllergicMama
by Platinum Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 9:20 AM
1 mom liked this

They take your last paycheck stub and estimate what you are getting back.  Don't use H&R if you want accurate filings.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 7, 2014 at 9:26 AM

Quoting OneAllergicMama:

They take your last paycheck stub and estimate what you are getting back.  Don't use H&R if you want accurate filings.

Well I've been using them for the past 3 years. My boyfriend uses Turbo Tax. It's better for him cause his is very complicated.

TexanMomOf6
by Gold Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 9:26 AM
If you go on irs.gov there is a list of websites that offer free online filing for certain filers.
1stpreggers
by on Jan. 7, 2014 at 9:29 AM
I always file early using my last paycheck stub
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 7, 2014 at 9:33 AM
They can use your last paycheck. But don't use them. If your taxes are simple, it's free to do yourself online. You can get direct deposit too.

Im going to pay a PROFESSIONAL to do my taxes this year. :-/. I usually do them myself but I think it's probably worth paying someone this year.

imthatgirl0607
by Ruby Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 9:34 AM

If you have a simple return you can just use your last paycheck.

Most people ahve to wait for other forms too though. 

ambs86
by Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 9:38 AM
You can use your last paycheck.
Jamie1972
by Ruby Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 9:39 AM

All you need is your last paycheck stub in December. If you do dbl check and make sure which is free to file. Sometimes h&r says state is free but not fed or vice versa. But honestly you can do them yourselves and save a couple hundred. I finally convinced Dh not to use h&r this year.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)