Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Gummy Bear birthday party help...ideas?

Posted by on Jan. 7, 2014 at 12:42 PM
  • 42 Replies

My stepdaughter is turning 13 and wants a gummy bear birthday party....NOT the show, just the candy. 

Should I just do solid color plates and napkins in the gummy bear candy colors?

I was thinking about doing the sprite+gummy bear popsicles. 

Cake ideas:

This bottom cupcake in yummy flavors (maybe a different color frosting), with a GB on top..

by on Jan. 7, 2014 at 12:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lanceandhailey
by Platinum Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 12:42 PM

I'm at a loss on this one...

mayalove
by Silver Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 12:43 PM
No ideas but that's cute.
aidyns_mommy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 12:44 PM
1 mom liked this
I like the cup cakes & popcycles!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lanceandhailey
by Platinum Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 12:48 PM

Thanks, I think I may go the cupcake route for this one...I'm thinking I'll have my mom make some yummy flavors and frost them like this one (not necessarily the colors) and put a gummy bear on it...I don't know, seems so simple lol

Quoting aidyns_mommy: I like the cup cakes & popcycles!

aidyns_mommy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 12:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I found this http://www.zazzle.com/gummy_bears_birthday_party_invitation-161340417798710447

They have plates too, but they are crazy expensive!

myshoes
by Gold Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 12:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, I would do the plates/cups/napkins/plasticwear each in a different "gummy bear" color.  The cake and the popsicles are perfect (but I do not like the cupcake with the blue icing).  If she is in to doing some games, I would do the one where they are in teams and have to carry the  gummy bears on a platic spoon from a bowl to a cup across the room (i think you do it with the spoon in your mouth and your hands behind your back).  You could have a "guess how many gummy bears are in the jar" game. 

Sounds like fun.  (My girls would just want the decorations and to hang out with their friends w/o games)

destiny3513
by Silver Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 12:50 PM

Cute. I love it. 

lanceandhailey
by Platinum Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 12:51 PM

Thanks. Yeah, I don't like the colors on that cupcake just the 'style'.

Quoting myshoes:

Yes, I would do the plates/cups/napkins/plasticwear each in a different "gummy bear" color.  The cake and the popsicles are perfect (but I do not like the cupcake with the blue icing).  If she is in to doing some games, I would do the one where they are in teams and have to carry the  gummy bears on a platic spoon from a bowl to a cup across the room (i think you do it with the spoon in your mouth and your hands behind your back).  You could have a "guess how many gummy bears are in the jar" game. 

Sounds like fun.  (My girls would just want the decorations and to hang out with their friends w/o games)

Thunderbug75
by Silver Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 12:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Love the Popsicles and I would go with the cupcakes.  You could also string gummy bears together using fishing line and a sewing needle for decorations.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 7, 2014 at 12:54 PM

Sugar free Haribo gummies. You can get them on Amazon.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)