Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My confession. Eta.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 54 Replies
edit: thank you for all that have replied! It's comforting to know that I'm not alone and this is a real form of anxiety that can be treated. I never bothered to tell anyone for fear they would not be understanding or worse want to know what happened to make me this way. I always attributed it to my rough childhood, that I just don't care to discuss, ever.
Thanks for all the replies!

I have a morbid imagination and its a compulsion,
I can't seem to stop thinking weird, morbid thoughts or having "daydreams".

If I'm getting in an elevator and it jerks or makes a noise, my brain immediately pictures the cable breaking and everyone crashing to their deaths.

At night if I can't fall asleep my mind goes crazy and I imagine really extreme scenarios. Zombie attacks, being robbed (not that extreme), end of the world stuff.

This happens in situations that could be potentially dangerous but most likely not and the chances of the perceived danger is so minimal that it wouldn't even be a warning on a label, ya know, the do not drink on the bottle of bleach kind of extreme.

I had never told anyone this and told my dh this a few weeks ago and he thinks I'm so weird. I function like a normal person and I let my child be free but sometimes I cringe at the thought of what could happen. I don't stop myself from doing things because of my "visions" sometimes, I might go about things differently but I haven't changed my life because I know these thoughts are irrational.

So, anyone else?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 7, 2014 at 12:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kimbob2284
by on Jan. 7, 2014 at 12:55 PM

I actually do this on occassion, but hand't put much thought in it until now. It almost always involves my kids, and something horrific that *could* happen from the situation they are in. 

Lilith.23
by on Jan. 7, 2014 at 12:55 PM
:') are you my long lost twin?
I'm like that all the time, and what is awesome i had 13 brothers and sisters and i would make them make an escape plan for the end of the world, or when I'm in an elevator and we hear weird noise i start laughing and saying " shit is about to go down".
I have these gory scenarios in my mind since i was a piwidipie child :/
and i refuse to die in a soft way, my death will be bloody like mission impossible trying to save a dog or the earth and baam!......have a good day.
faire_jour
by Ruby Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 12:56 PM

These are intrusive thoughts. Medication would help.

destiny3513
by Silver Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 12:57 PM

It's anxiety. I have it too. Normal. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 7, 2014 at 12:58 PM
I've been doing it forever and hadn't given it much thought either until I realized its gotten worse since I had ds.

Quoting kimbob2284:

I actually do this on occassion, but hand't put much thought in it until now. It almost always involves my kids, and something horrific that *could* happen from the situation they are in. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 7, 2014 at 1:00 PM
I don't get anxious when I think these things, its like the whole thing plays out like a movie. I do have anxiety but I know when I'm having an attack.

Quoting destiny3513:

It's anxiety. I have it too. Normal. 

wonderstruck11
by Platinum Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 1:01 PM

I do that shit too!

mrsbrimer
by on Jan. 7, 2014 at 1:02 PM
1 mom liked this
I do it all the time too. But im kinda excited for a zombie apocalypse.. I have things stored and ready for that shit
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 7, 2014 at 1:02 PM
This is like an actual thing? It was never this bad until I had ds and I never thought much of it until it started happening more frequently.

Quoting faire_jour:

These are intrusive thoughts. Medication would help.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 7, 2014 at 1:04 PM

I do the same thing. I couldn't sleep at all last night because of how cold it was and all I could think about were the animals currently suffering out in it :( 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN