Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Our money...or my money and your money?

Posted by on Jan. 7, 2014 at 1:12 PM
  • 75 Replies

Ok so I have been thinking about this for a few days now and would like some other opinions on the subject.

My babysitter and her husband both work.  Well he works and she watches children from her home (which I personally think is a job but some may not agree) They were telling me the other day about her bills and his bills and that he was having to pay her bills because some parents were behind on their payment.  I do not understand how married couples have "her bills" and "his bills"...

In my marriage we have our bills whether it is in mine or his name or something each indivdual bought for themself.  We put our money all together and everything we pay are "our bills"

What do you think?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jan. 7, 2014 at 1:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Jan. 7, 2014 at 1:14 PM
Different strokes for different folks
suzanneyea
by Ruby Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 1:14 PM
3 moms liked this

My money is my money. I pay some bills for the house and he pays other bills with his money. If he wants to buy a thousand dollars worth of golf clubs, that can be from his money.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 7, 2014 at 1:14 PM
9 moms liked this

our money is my money

his money is my money

my money is my money

theosgirl45
by Platinum Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 1:15 PM

In my marriage whats mine is mine and whats his is mine. LOL JK.  We don't have My  bills vs. his bills.  Our bills are our bills.  Our money is our money.  Yes, I am a SAHM but I haven't always been.  I did work for a while and when I did work it was still our money.  My grandparents do it they way your babysitter friend does. Grandma has her money, Grandpa has his money.  They are each responsible for paying different bills.  To me it seems weird but whatever works I guess.

“Some birds are not meant to be caged, that's all. Their feathers are too bright, their songs too sweet and wild. So you let them go, or when you open the cage to feed them they somehow fly out past you. And the part of you that knows it was wrong to imprison them in the first place rejoices, but still, the place where you live is that much more drab and empty for their departure.”

Raeann11
by Ruby Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 1:15 PM

For us it is our money. But that is not for everyone. Some live like that it is his money and her money.

kimbob2284
by Silver Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 1:15 PM

We are not married - we do 50/50 split of all household bills and daycare. If we were to marry, we would still split 50/50.  Money causes too many issues.

mom4awesomekids
by Gold Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 1:16 PM
For us its our money.
wonderstruck11
by Platinum Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 1:16 PM
2 moms liked this

I am a SAHM, but it is still OUR money.

OvenInUse
by Gold Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 1:16 PM
We view it as our money. Every couple does it differently though. It's whatever works best for each household.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 1:16 PM
It's our money in our home. The only time it's his or mine is birthday or Christmas money given to each of us.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)