Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Domestic Violence victims

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I was in a relationship with an abuser for a year. We don't have any children together since I had a miscarriage. I left him over 5 months ago and moved so he wouldn't be able to find me. I started a new relationship with my neighbor lol and have been pretty close to him and his daughter.

Well a few days I received a call from a blocked # so I answered it and get was from my ex saying he knows where I am and to watch out. He has called a few more times but I ignored them.. I am so scared.

What should I do? My bf promises me he will keep me safe, but I am still scared.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 7, 2014 at 5:24 PM
Replies (41-50):
Mrs.Missi
by punk rock princess on Jan. 7, 2014 at 6:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh honey, get a to, change your locks & number.I would get a gun for self protection in case he shows up before the police can get there.
SexyBurlapSack
by Gold Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 6:13 PM
1 mom liked this

It's not very difficult to learn how. The hardest part is compensating for recoil.

Quoting Anonymous:

My bf has a gun, but idk how to use it

Quoting SexyBurlapSack:

Buy a gun and learn how to use it. Restraining orders are nothing but a piece of paper and won't do jack shit to save you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 7, 2014 at 6:14 PM

I moved so he doesn't have a key or anything so no reason to change the locks

Quoting Mrs.Missi: Oh honey, get a to, change your locks & number.I would get a gun for self protection in case he shows up before the police can get there.

dalbax2
by Gold Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 6:15 PM
Call the police. Get a restraining order. Change your # and FFS.......DONT answer any unknown #'s. If they want to talk to you bad enough they will leave a message.
Ashgreymane
by Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 6:16 PM

Well then sweetie, I don't know what else to say but good luck. If you're serious about protecting them, go to the police. Without reports and complaints, cops can't do anything. There's a lot more to life than this bullshit. Get this fucker out of your life. The only way to do that is ask for help from the police. I would also like to reference you to a song by "PINK", called "Respect". Listen to it. Who knows, maybe it'll help you see something it helped me see. Sugar-if a rabid dog was at your door, threatening your baby and your man, what would you do? Because that's what you have.

This is upsetting me. I hate hearing this, but wish the best for you.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't want to put him and his daughter in danger and I've told him that

Quoting Ashgreymane:

I don't mean to be unkind, here, but honestly, cut the crap and call the police. You'd be surprised how quickly people back off when they realize you mean business. You can't be nice; that will get you killed. If you're worried about hurting your current man's feelings, don't. If he gets offended that you went to the police, point out that he may be able to keep you safe; but you can't keep him safe without help.

Get some mace, and don't get caught up in your ex's nutty drama. Don't talk to him; don't deal with him. Only say ONCE "Do not call me again. The police are monitoring my phone." Hang up, and have a good life. 

Mrs.Missi
by punk rock princess on Jan. 7, 2014 at 6:17 PM
Okay be safe & good luck, honey.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Mrs.Missi: Oh honey, get a to, change your locks & number.I would get a gun for self protection in case he shows up before the police can get there.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 7, 2014 at 6:19 PM

I just wish I would have contacted to cops when I was still with him and he was hurting me.. thanks

Quoting Ashgreymane:

Well then sweetie, I don't know what else to say but good luck. If you're serious about protecting them, go to the police. Without reports and complaints, cops can't do anything. There's a lot more to life than this bullshit. Get this fucker out of your life. The only way to do that is ask for help from the police. I would also like to reference you to a song by "PINK", called "Respect". Listen to it. Who knows, maybe it'll help you see something it helped me see. Sugar-if a rabid dog was at your door, threatening your baby and your man, what would you do? Because that's what you have.

This is upsetting me. I hate hearing this, but wish the best for you.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't want to put him and his daughter in danger and I've told him that

Quoting Ashgreymane:

I don't mean to be unkind, here, but honestly, cut the crap and call the police. You'd be surprised how quickly people back off when they realize you mean business. You can't be nice; that will get you killed. If you're worried about hurting your current man's feelings, don't. If he gets offended that you went to the police, point out that he may be able to keep you safe; but you can't keep him safe without help.

Get some mace, and don't get caught up in your ex's nutty drama. Don't talk to him; don't deal with him. Only say ONCE "Do not call me again. The police are monitoring my phone." Hang up, and have a good life. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 7, 2014 at 6:19 PM

Thanks

Quoting Mrs.Missi: Okay be safe & good luck, honey.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 7, 2014 at 6:21 PM
Ditto im trying to press to charges now. I was just gonna leave but then i found he told people,i beat him lol. Man

Quoting Anonymous:

I should have called the cops when I was with him, he did hit me and kick me and other much worse things

Quoting Anonymous: Ur gonna have to tell everyone that way if something happens to u theyll know who to go after.

u cant be safe, the police cant protect u. I hopw ur bf can.

As it is i have protection against my husband n the police keep saying unless he hits u they cant do anything.

So itll be to late before u can get help anyway

deedee3849
by Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 6:22 PM
Go to police station and file a report
Get a restraining order
Buy a gun
learn to use gun/ store gun safely
get a home alarm system or move
Take self defense course
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)