Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tying Tubes a Sin?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies

This is a completely honest question, no trolling, i am genuinly curious.

Since the Bible says be fruitful and multiply, is tying tubes a sin?

I want to tie my tubes and my grandmother emailed me this

Doing anything before, during or after intercourse to keep the woman from becoming pregnant.
    "Marriage honorable in all, and the marriage bed undefiled."    (Hebrews 13:4)

"He [Onan]...when he went in to his [deceased] brother's wife, spilled his seed upon the ground, lest children should be born in his brother's name.   And therefore the Lord slew him, because he did a detestable thing."    (Genesis 38:9-10)

1. Is birth control ever allowed by God?

2.    No, it is always a mortal sin.
    "He [Onan]...when he went in to his [deceased] brother's wife, spilled his seed upon the ground, lest children should be born in his brother's name.   And therefore the Lord slew him, because he did a detestable thing."    (Genesis 38:9-10)
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 7, 2014 at 6:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 7, 2014 at 6:21 PM

heres the rest 

1. What is sterilization?

2.    Making the reproductive organs unfruitful, usually by tying or cutting the fallopian tubes, cutting or tying the seminal vesicles (vasectomy), or removing the ovaries or uterus (hysterectomy).

3. What kind of sin is sterilization?

4.    Always a mortal sin, unless the organs are diseased and must be removed because they are a danger to the health of the whole body.
    A woman is never allowed to have her tubes tied nor a man allowed to have a vasectomy under any conditions, even under doctors' orders.  If there is serious danger to the woman's life or health, the only solution in accord with God's law is to refrain from sexual intercourse totally or periodically.

PoisonEyeV
by _ on Jan. 7, 2014 at 6:22 PM
1 mom liked this

lolol

ridiculous

Burn the bible and tell your grandmother to shut it.

caustinb
by Silver Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 6:22 PM
Are you religious? Its about your beliefs, not hers.
nelliesmommy
by prettyandpierced on Jan. 7, 2014 at 6:22 PM

Probably, but aren't most things a in? Do what you want.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 7, 2014 at 6:23 PM

i dont cling to organized religion only Gods values and word, this is something i am super curious about. I guess it sounds silly, i think she went a little crazy with the response

Quoting caustinb: Are you religious? Its about your beliefs, not hers.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 7, 2014 at 6:24 PM

lol

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

lolol

ridiculous

Burn the bible and tell your grandmother to shut it.

Chaos1229
by Silver Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 6:25 PM
Oh my she sounds like a peach. Honestly its about what you believe . Do whats right for you and your family don't let her bully you into a choice you arent comfortable with.
AZHOTMOM
by Gold Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 6:25 PM

Well, based on that. A whole lot of us are going to hell.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 7, 2014 at 6:26 PM

lol she does this whenever religion becomes involved..which is everything that comes out your mouth. I think i am going to tie anyway, my dh agrees. Times are different we cant have 15 kids running around 

Quoting Chaos1229: Oh my she sounds like a peach. Honestly its about what you believe . Do whats right for you and your family don't let her bully you into a choice you arent comfortable with.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 7, 2014 at 6:26 PM

Sounds like a psycho religious fanatic to me

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured