Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

dh wants to take our oldest on my birthday/anniversary trip

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies
His best friend is getting married in Florida. It's close to my birthday and our five year anniversary. He thinks we should take our five year old. This is how it would go down:he'd be off drinking and doing wedding party thing (he's best man). I'd be attending ds. The entire time. It wouldn't be relaxing or romantic. It would be super exciting for our son who wants to go to the beach. But he has sensory processing disorder and adhd. I've never seen the beach or flown.
I told him that we would make a trip somewhere closer for ds. I explained I don't want to be on mommy duty over my birthday and anniversary. He says, "I'd do it for you without thinking. " the difference is I'd never ask that of him.
What do you ladies say?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:07 AM
He just said that he'd regret it for the rest of his life. Lovely. Now I don't really get a choice.
Looks like I can wave good bye to any semblance of a birthday party or anniversary night.
kailu1835
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:10 AM
Make the decision and find someone to watch your kid. He doesn't need to come and you don't need to let your husband dictate to you.
GotSomeKids
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:11 AM

I kind of agree with you.

Edit:  Just saw your response.  I wouldn't go.

Jaxsonsmama2009
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:11 AM
2 moms liked this
Sounds like he WANTS you on mommy duty so he can go have his fun.
TurtleMomma82
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:11 AM

It sounds like he wants him there for the wedding maybe?  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:13 AM
I'm so upset. He does this shit all the time.

Quoting kailu1835: Make the decision and find someone to watch your kid. He doesn't need to come and you don't need to let your husband dictate to you.
notjstasocermom
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:13 AM
Smh
ahappymommy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:13 AM

I always watch my kid on my birthday and anniversary. Our son is autistic and we dont like to leave him, so we would either not go,or take him with, sorry!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:15 AM
Yup. He often does that. He'll volunteer me to take the kids places and never helps. His family reunion is the worst. He always drinks, so I'm off chasing both kids, trying to keep them from getting into stuff they shouldn't be in.

Quoting Jaxsonsmama2009: Sounds like he WANTS you on mommy duty so he can go have his fun.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:16 AM
At what part?

Quoting notjstasocermom: Smh
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)