Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need help please

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies

Hello I am a single mother I work two jobs and still struggle to survive. I want to know if any mothers on here know any extreme couponer to help me by helping me set up a shoping trip so I can save money. I spend about 400 dollars a month on food and it gos so fast maybe if I can do one trip every so often I can save.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stephiebugg
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:15 AM
1 mom liked this

I just shop sales. We have a few stores here that have good deals from time to time. I keep my eye out, know what I need and look at local ads to stores online. Then I coordinate my shopping with my other outings- like, I have to take my little to the dentist, which is right near Hannaford. Hannaford has chicken breast for $1.99/lb right now, which is cheap. I'll swing by there and pick that up. I also know Price Chopper has sales, sometimes they have buy 2 get one free deals mix and match on english muffins, cookies and bread. I'll buy two loaves of bread and get english muffins for free. Yeah, the bread might cost 10 cents more there, but I get free english muffins (or rather, english muffins for 20 cents) If I'm in the area I'll pick that up. I try not to make a ton of trips out for stuff, because then whatever I'm saving on groceries I'm spending on gas.
I don't really do any extreme coupons. It's extreme if I remember to use them at all! LOL
Good luck!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:13 PM
I plan my shopping around what publix has on sale for their buy one get one free stuff. I get a lot of stuff each week that ends up being even cheaper than sam's club and I buy enough to last a month.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:17 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:22 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 9, 2014 at 11:20 PM

BUMP!

Cindy1221
by Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 11:28 PM
I looked into extreme couponing and it does take a lot of work. However, Walmart matches prices from other store ads, and you can use a manufacturing coupon combined with a store coupon at target. Do you buy name brands or would you rather buy generic? Name brands have the coupons. You could budget $100 a week..4 different store visits..just a few Ideas to help...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 9, 2014 at 11:32 PM
Quoting Cindy1221: I looked into extreme couponing and it does take a lot of work. However, Walmart matches prices from other store ads, and you can use a manufacturing coupon combined with a store coupon at target. Do you buy name brands or would you rather buy generic? Name brands have the coupons. You could budget $100 a week..4 different store visits..just a few Ideas to help...

Walmart only accepts manufactured coupons, not store coupons. Just an FYI.
Cindy1221
by Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 11:35 PM
Thanks, I actually meant that for Target..lol

Quoting Anonymous:
Quoting Cindy1221: I looked into extreme couponing and it does take a lot of work. However, Walmart matches prices from other store ads, and you can use a manufacturing coupon combined with a store coupon at target. Do you buy name brands or would you rather buy generic? Name brands have the coupons. You could budget $100 a week..4 different store visits..just a few Ideas to help...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 9, 2014 at 11:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Cindy1221: Thanks, I actually meant that for Target..lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh ok lol. I wasn't trying to come off as rude, I just wanted to let you know. :) Some people think they do accept it and get mad when they learn they don't.
Cindy1221
by Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 11:46 PM
Not. Rude at all :)

Quoting Anonymous:
Quoting Cindy1221: Thanks, I actually meant that for Target..lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh ok lol. I wasn't trying to come off as rude, I just wanted to let you know. :) Some people think they do accept it and get mad when they learn they don't.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)