Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How to deal with it......already getting anxiety. Help!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 1 Replies

I've decided to go back to work after being a sahw/sahm for 2 years. Our DD just turned 1 on New Years Day. I really wanted to spend the first year home with her but it put a major financial burden on my DH. So now I want to help financially, make my husbands life a lot less stressful. I'm going back to work full time, no part time positions offered in our rural area. My hours will be M-F 9-5 with two late evenings a week and every other Saturday until noon.

I have a good sitter lined up, a friend that is a SAHM. My job will only be a few blocks from my home, and just a few more from the sitter.

I really want to return to work, this past year has really taken a toll on me. I loved being able to spend so much time with my daughter but I've gained weight, became depressed and became just a hermit. I need to work, be with other adults and just get back to me.

I am having major anxiety over leaving her and I havent even been really given the job yet! (Pretty sure I got the position, wont find out until Friday though.)

I have not spent more than 6 hours away from her and that was only one time when my husband took me boating and she was too little. Thats it. I dont have family here so we dont have free/cheap sitters....so I never got an evening or day off mommy duty.

I've been dying for some time away but now that it might happen, I'm panicking!

Please tell me this will go away! Advice?!

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
csxt99
by Jennifer on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:26 AM

Once you get into a regular routine, it should settle down.  It sounds like you might even enjoy finding you again, not just you as a mom and wife.  I hope you get the job!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)